I wish I had found this site before

levitric

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I am completely new to all this (My wife finally gave in and let me get a tank)
I have had it about 8 weeks now, I wish I had heard about fishless cycling when I got the tank, it would have saved me the worry of loosing 4 Cardinals.
I started with the Danios, then two Mollies.
Last week I bought 4 more Mollies, 2 nights ago I discovered that some or all of them must have pregnant, coz I now have about 10 tiny Mollies swimming about.

I have been trawling through several of your posts tonight (I work shifts) trying to find which make/sort of water test kit is best, there seem to be several alternatives.

Once again hello to everybody

Richard :byebye:

If theres only 10 that means only 1 molly was pregnant ^^ I'm new here too, and wishing I had found this site earlier... I've learned alot, and one of the things I've learned is that Mollies had huge numbers of fry. 10 seems pretty low compared to these numbers. If the others are pregnant, you'll have lots'n'lots (and I'll be jealous).

I test my water wiht stuff I bummed off my science teachers (they test ph, nitrites, ammonia and the like) of course, that's probably not an alternative for the non-student fish owners. Ask a worker wherever you got your fish what they use, that'll be helpful ^^

Welcome to the forums richard! why the long face? Cheer up you found a great resource for info. Remember even the most well know professionals started out as newbies. I'm sure everyone of us has horror stories to tell. I think you did alright. :)

Vegan Peaches said:
If theres only 10 that means only 1 molly was pregnant ^^ I'm new here too, and wishing I had found this site earlier... I've learned alot, and one of the things I've learned is that Mollies had huge numbers of fry. 10 seems pretty low compared to these numbers. If the others are pregnant, you'll have lots'n'lots (and I'll be jealous).
Vegan Peaches, I have 2 Black females and 2 silver speckled ones (don't know propper name). 6 of the babies are black and the rest are, well sort of seethrough at mo, could these of all come from same mother?

Any idea anyone how long it will take these to grow to full size?

Welcome, hope you enjoy it here. I've learnt so much in the last few months since ive joined this forum.

Yeah stay cool mate. Your tanks doing better than my first one did.
You've come to the right place so if you have any questions ask away.
Most of the people on here are crazy (except me :whistle: ) so you'll have a laugh as well ;)

Welcome, hope you find everything you're looking for, and good luck with your tank.

Hi and welcome mate!, It sounds like you are doing good, Test kits are all much of a muchness, just get one that suits you and you find easy to use and read the results. Good luck.! :hey:

:D :hi: :band: :band: :band: :band:

Welcome to the forum, just thought I would say hello, people here can be very helpful, utilize thier knowledge. See you around!

What matters is you are here now! :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back