I want a small "tree" kinda plant..

bigez

Reaction score
Im lookin for a small (same height as a writting biro) tree to put in my tropical tank... But i dont know any good sbecies...or names in fact....

Can anybody Help me..!?!?

How many gallons is your tank? How high is it? What kind of lighting do you have? Live plants need lots of light. Not the length of light during the day, but the intensity. 2 watts per gallon minimum.

--Tim

Okay... I have 96 litres.. And a 20watt light....the tank is about 30cm deep...

Now can somebody help me with finding or knowing about a tree as big as a writtin biro i can buy from somewhere..??

Shew! Us Americans are handicapped. I had to go convert everything. That is 25 gallons and about 12 inches high. It is a long tank rather than a deep tank. That limits you somewhat.

With a 25 gallon tank, you don't even have 1 watt per gallon with a 20 watt light. Do you have a glass top? Can you get another 20 watt light? That would help some.

Hygrophilia difformis can look kind of tree-like after it gets growing. Here is a picture of a small plant (in german)

http://www.steingrobe-net.de/Aquarium/Hygr..._difformis.html

Mine is larger and each one of these branches catches the light. Very pretty.You will need to keep it pruned though since your tank is only 12 inches high.

I have another plant in my tank that I can't find a picture of. I think it is a variety of Ludwigia.

Can you translate into American English what a "writtin biro" is? :/
Never heard of it.

Yeah.. A writtin biro is a PEN...!! lol...

Anyway....my tank has got to be higher than 30cm then...cuz my girlfriends tank is 12inches...and my tank is twice the hight of hers.... Id say that my tank is (80cm x 30cm) x 50cm high.... MY MISTAKE...sorry..!!

But thanx with the informationa anyway...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back