I think that I may have totally messed up

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

juanveldez

helping big fish eat little fish everyday
Reaction score
okay I have been battleing ich for going on about 2 weeks. I finally got it under control and it looks like it is on its way out. but in the process I have managed to turn my large pourous white rock blue. do you think that the blue color will eventually leach out of the rock or is it bound to stay blue forever.

It will eventually leach out but it's no big deal. Your silicone is probably blue also and that will clear out after a while.

There's no need to worry and it won't hurt your fish at all and you won't even notice it happen.

Thanks smb I was just shocked to see that my wonderful 30 dollar white rock was blue. I have found out that my 75 gallon is really hard to take pic in last night I proved that it is really hard for light to even penetrate to the bottom of the tank by taking my Police issue mag light and putting it on the top of the tank and shinning down it lookied like the batteries were dieing!!!!

this is totally normal amoung many cures for parasite infections like Ick, etc. Most contain Formalin and Malchite Green which tints the water blue for a few days and causes silicone sealent to be died blue. My sealent used on one of my fake ordaments has blue silicone that may never go away from when i cured Ick in my tank
what happens happens

Most reactions

Back