I Think My Krib May Have Laid Eggs? They Are Free Swmming!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Thanks a lot for your response! Yeah, there are a lot of debris and other stuff floating in the tank. I also feed them daily with the "First Bites." I just put barely any in and you can see is float around the tank; little particles of it.

Thanks!

-FHM

do you have any pics of the actual tank that you would like to show?

Not at the moment.

When I get back to my dorm I could take a picture of the tank and post it.

I am home for vacation right now.

-FHM

Yeah I will! I am going down tomorrow to feed them, so it will be 3 days without food.

I am expecting another batch of fry soon, as the female is starting to egg up again. Also, the male is starting to get into his breeding colors as well.

-FHM

Hi, if she is egging up at the mo' then you should start thinking of moving them to another fry dedicated tank if you have one, as she will start to take the older fry as intruders and chase them of, attack & even sometimes kill them

Well, I just came back from break, and I do not see any fry, unless they are in a part of the tank where I cannot see them. Oh well, it was her first batch and I think she did really well. I am hoping the next batch does even better and is bigger than the previous.

-FHM

Yeah I know! I had a nitrite spike a while back that wiped out a lot of them. I am hoping for the next batch to come in about 1-2 weeks at max!

-FHM

Well, I think the female is going to lay again real soon! She is back to digging out her cave again! :lol:

-FHM

Hehe Congrats on the new babies, you sound as excited as when i found my first baby guppy lol which was the first baby ever in my hobby of fishes so thats why it was really exciting for me :p
The way i recognised one of them is when my angelfish chased it and i just flipped and was buzzing straight away lol, i got a cut out plastic condensation sheet and made a seperate tank for just one baby that i saw, i didn't care that it was only one baby i wanted to save him or her. Where i had seperated it on the baby side of the tank i had rocks place in a circle and with a bushy really bushy plant in the middle, while i was telling my dad over the phone that i found a baby i saw 5 other swim out from the plant and then suddenly they were everywhere lol. I was in so much excitement that i was almost screaming it out loud that there are more just come out. I acn't believe how exciting that was and even though i have had babies after that, it couldn't have got more exciting than the first time.

Even i'm shocked about 3 batches of babies in different places aswell, sure she hasn't been flirting with any other male kribs lol. How far are the caves from each other as they must be pretty close for her to guard all 3 caves.

That sounds cool about your first time!

Yeah, I think it was in 3 different caves, but then I realized that I think it might of been the sand I have in the tank. The sand looks like little eggs some times...:lol:. And when I was all excited, I think it was a physiological thing, that I thought I saw eggs in 3 different caves? :lol: :blush:

Anyways, I think the female is going to lay within the next week or so! I really hope so!

-FHM

Probably in an hour, maybe a little more, I will have pics of the tank!

Note: It's not too special, just a dorm tank! :lol:

-FHM

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back