I Think My Krib May Have Laid Eggs? They Are Free Swmming!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fatheadminnow

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
I was looking under this one rock that my female krib started digging out a week ago, and I can barely make out what appears to be really small white/clearish circle egg things? Could these be eggs?

The female is also staying in her cave (the ones with the eggs) a lot/most of the time! She barely ever comes out?

Thanks guys! I am really hoping these are eggs!

-FHM

I hope, I will update this thread if they are! We will find out in a couple of days!

-FHM

Generally its a good sign if your kribs literally disappear under a rock for a week or more if you are trying to get them to breed. I have seen this happen dozens of times and usually after about ten days you see a whole troop of babies follow the parents around the tank. Keep us updated! :D

I have also noticed that the male stays right at the entrance to the cave, as if he is guarding it or something? He only strays away if I put food in the tank or chases the Cories away if they get to close.

-FHM

I have also noticed that the male stays right at the entrance to the cave, as if he is guarding it or something? He only strays away if I put food in the tank or chases the Cories away if they get to close.

-FHM

This is typical kribensis breeding behavior from what I have seen. I have bred these little guys dozens of times and they are always a joy. The males are very protective.

Well, lets hope I have some little guys swimming around here in a dew days!

-FHM

OMG! THE LITTLE EGG THINGS ARE ALL VIBRATING REALLY FAST, AS IF THEY ARE GOING TO HATCH SOON!!!!! THE FEMALE KRIB IS KEEPING GUARD OVER HER YOUNG!!!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING! (HENCE THE CAPITOL LETTERS, :lol:)!!!! WE ARE GOING TO HAVE FRY SOON!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS SO AMAZING! I JUST WANT TO SHOUT OUT REALLY LOUD!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

-FHM

Man, she just exploded with eggs! There are two huge caves she been digging out, and in one of the caves I can see all the little eggs vibrating, but then she keeps going back to this other cave. So, she goes back and forth between the two. I decided to look under the other cave, and what do you know, a whole other batch of eggs! OMG! She went crazy with the egg laying! I cannot wait until they hatch! WOOHOO!

-FHM

I am so excited! I cannot believe it! I so can't wait until they hatch! I have been waiting for this to happen for a long time! WOOHOO!!!!

-FHM

Oh man! I just found another cave she laid eggs under! That is three caves in total that she has laid eggs in over the weekend! Man she went crazy with the egg laying! :lol:

-FHM

Thanks man! Yeah, I could not believe how easy it is to breed kribs! I mean I have heard from members that it is as easy as add a tank and water + a male and female = fry! But I could not believe how fast they were at it! I have only had the tank set up for like 1 1/2 months and now already fry! I am so excited!

Best of luck with your breeding!

-FHM

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back