I Think My Krib May Have Laid Eggs? They Are Free Swmming!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

neither can i.. goodness me we`re all excited
w00t.gif

i hope theyll be an exception for you and all the fry survive.. long shot i know, but i wouldnt want anything to wipe that huge smile off your face :)

Oh, there will in deed be pictures! :lol:

That is if the parents have not eaten all of them! :crazy: The cave that the female and male are guarding now is really hard to see into. There is a plant right at the entrance and I cannot see into the cave unless I move the rocks around, and I do not want to do that!

Tomorrow would be the first day that the fry could be free swimming! So, hopefully tomorrow they will be, if not, hopefully they will be free swimming in the next couple days!

-FHM

You could always set up a camcorder and aim it at the opening,leave them to it with it recording to see if there's owt happening :)

That would be really neat to do. The only thing is I don't have a camcorder here at the university in my dorm...lol. The only one I have is on my phone or at home, :lol:

-FHM

Aww thats a shame :rolleyes:

I'm so jealous,cos i want kribs,but nowhere to put them :sad:

Got everything crossed they do well :good:

So far, there are no further signs of the fry as of yet! I hope the female just has them hiding in one of her many caves she has! :lol:

The male is still acting very protective and pushing the cories away when they come close, and the female is still going between her caves she has, spending very little time out in the open.

-FHM

Today, there are no signs of the free-swimming fry yet.

The female is still in her cave, and the male is still outside guarding the cave. So, hopefully there is something in the cave!

EDIT: The male and female are beginning to color up again with their spawning colors. Just thought I would throw that bit out here. :lol:

-FHM

I screwed up! I went to move some rocks around in the tank, like the cave in which I first saw the fry, because the rocks where falling down due to all the digging. But when I moved the rocks around, to my amazement, there they where, the batch of about 20 fry in the "wriggle" state! :crazy:

So, now with the fry completely revealed, the female moved them to another cave!

Are they going to be okay!???? I feel so bad!!!!

-FHM

Okay, thanks! I felt SO bad when I moved the rock! She started freaking out and moved them all, about 20, to her other cave where I think she has more! Than after she moved them all, she kept digger around for more, in case they got buried or something? It was so sad, and I felt so bad! I hope they are okay!

-FHM

This is where she has the babies right now, somewhere inside those pile of rocks under the plant.

Sorry for the bad quality, this was taken with my phone.

You can see the male keeping guard off to the right side of the rock pile.

Image015.jpg

Image016.jpg

-FHM

So far there seems to be no further sign as of yet. The female still has them inside the cave while the male is keeping guard out side the cave. Funny little fish! lol

They should be free swimming either sometime today or tomorrow. They hatched on Monday, so I am hoping they will be free swimming very soon!

Who knows. They may already be free swimming but still inside the cave. I hope they come out very soon!

-FHM

Most reactions

Back