I Swear I Didn't Mean To Buy Him! He Fell In My Tank!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Thanks, all. He got in on Phoenix's side (again) and beat up Phoenix a bit. I would put one in the twent for a while, but I still have ammonia readings. :\

attibones said:
Thanks, all. He got in on Phoenix's side (again) and beat up Phoenix a bit. I would put one in the twent for a while, but I still have ammonia readings. :\

Aww :( Betta's are so persistent...

Woah, he's beautiful. I was just in the same situation 2 days ago haha.

LOL, love the fact you went in LFS for puppy food and came out with a lovely Betta!
And love the name too, Poseidon! 

I think an impulse buy every once in a while does you good 
smile.png

Get some plastic book spines if you haven't already to place along the edge of the divider they should lessen the movement and bridge the gap preventing an escape 
smile.png
I found them very handy with my boys until they learnt to jump over the divider instead 
rolleyes.gif
still I fixed this too by making the divider taller!

There is one space where the edge of the plastic rail does not quite meet the tank wall. I'm worried they may also be jumping the divider. I'll have to find a way to raise it up.

Ha, I went to the Garden Centre to buy a plant and came back with a new aquarium.  That was two years ago and now I have MTS again (had it years ago too).  The other day I was in there as I wanted to pick up a new tank for one of my boys (not forgotten the picture Shelster, it is on the camera
happy.png
), yet I resisted all the Bettas despite the LFS efforts.  They said to me "are you working on getting over your addiction", my answer was "yes".  

However, like you if I really saw one I could not resist who knows 
Dunno.gif
  Although I have been pretty good so far 
rolleyes.gif
  Think I lost some faith after a short break away, returning to a leaking tank and some dead fish including one of my boys (he was not well when I left him), plus lost my new one in Quarantine
confused.gif
  Just trying to get everything stable again. 

Look forward to more
kewlpics.gif
 of your new boy in his forever home.  As we all know Betta Resistance is Ultimately Futile

Poseidon has really damaged Phoenix. I have to find hospital tank supplies super quickly. I don't have an extra filter lying around, so I'll be changing water every day. And Poseidon is indeed a halfmoon. I saw him fully flared a while ago, but I couldn't take a picture because he was trying to kill poor Phoenix who has not once made any attempt to attack. Phoenix is looking pretty pitiful. I'm really worried about him. Here's hoping he lives the next few hours while I set something up for him...

I found a 15 gallon plastic box which I can fill with water. I can use the girls' heater. He needs warm, clean water, but I don't have anything to use in order to fashion a filter. I made a sponge filter once, but it is gone now. I don't want to give Phoenix the girls' filter because it isn't ready and I only have ten days to finish the cycle before the girls arrive. Any ideas? Please?

You don't really have to have a filter.  Just make sure you are doing water changes a bit everyday and he should be fine until you figure something else out for him.

Really sorry this happened.  I have had it happen before and had some get beat up pretty bad.

I'm not sure if he will make it or not. He's staying by the top corner of the "tank," allowing himself to float about any way. I've got the heater in for him and I'm going to make a cave structure out of this terrible little divider. It's sort of clear, so I'd be able to see him through it and check on him while still providing him some security.

I do too. He's still alive but he's very still. Hopefully having some space and time to himself will help him out.

Give him something to rest on near the surface so he does not need to exert so much energy to get to the surface for air!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back