i need some help asap

Angel Lady

Pet of the Month Leader
Reaction score
:crazy: I noticed two days ago that one of the scales was gone. I was in the middle of doing my weekly water change I just happen to look over at the fish and I noticed a little white stringy thing it sorta looked like a worm of some kind I wont have any pictures until Friday when I get my new computer. If it is parasites of some kind the fish wont live until then. Could someone please tell me what to do in this matter I have never had nothing like this happen before.

I am no expert on disease or parasites but I kept a wild native fish tank for a while and they too had a white stringy worms on them. I used a product called "Clout" and within a day the worms changed to a dark tan color and within a few days they fell off the fish. Never saw anymore after that. Hope all goes well for you.

Clout is an excellent product to use for removing parasites on goldfish. IMHO, it wouldn't hurt to give both of your goldfish a treatment with it.

Goldfish are raised in cold water ponds and often have parasites that tropicals do not get. Since they live under scales and in their gills they are not always visible but they will drain the vitality from the fish. All too often, by the time they are noticed, it is too late to help the fish.

how would they get this parasite I have had them for almost a year without any trouble at all and I havent done anything different feed them anything different. Why would they get this for. thier water temp. stays at 76 degrees. I dont think that is to cool.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back