I Need Rainbow Crab Advice.

NewBorn92

Reaction score
so for a few days I have been interested in rainbow crabs :)

I have ordered a little tank (temp)

and cuttlefish,

and sand as the substrate  

only thing I am confused about, the seller who sells the crabs I ask him a few questions, as the net said different. they said the crabs live in brackish, or de-chlorinated fresh water, what I know for 100% fact, but some people say you can leave tap water out 24 hours and is all fine...

but I am not 100% sure so instead of harming the crab thought i'd ask first, do I need to buy de-chlorinated fresh water prime? if so can you suggest anything in the uk :)

thank you

prime is a de-chlorifier, not water, lol. That's the only thing I know about regards to what you're asking, hopefully someone with knowledge on the crabs will be coming along soon!

OH I know prime is de-chlorifier lol

but I mean you put it in the water ;p

yeah, only a little bit! a cap full is suited for 50 gallons

yeah,

mine wont  need 50 gallons no where near that amount, but will it hurt to put a cap full in anyway.. or would that be considered a waste. or would it harm anything?

A waste for sure. And, I've been told that seachem stands behind prime to the point of pouring a complete bottle into a tank wouldn't hurt it.. now I haven't tried it, and when I had ammonia spike from adding a pleco, I double dosed, but that's it.

yeah any dechlorifier is suffice.

those test kits are pretty useless, imo. API master test kit is where it's at.

so the issue I have is.. I wont need even 1 gallon of it lol..

so should I try put in like a few drops?

Hi There...I have Fiddler crabs and love them!  I use Ozarka bottled water and turn it brackish.  Haven't seen rainbow crabs...how are they doing?  Will go look the up in Google...let me know how you do!  Smiles, Rebecca

(I have pics on my page of my set up and the spoiled crabbies! LOL)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back