I Just Got 3 Turtles Need Advice

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sorry, but I've got to say this nobody else seems to have caught this...

new pics with my new better digital camera, I have put some rocks in and bought some rocks in the store to form a cave an a additional baskin place

So... let me get this right... you have enough money to spend on a new digital camera... but not enough money to buy a fish tank for these turtles? Dude... Just return the turtles, atleast 2 of them! Get a large tank if your going to keep them all, a 30gallon tank won't last for more than 6months with 3 sliders...

hahaha, relax man, since then I've upograded, I started a new thread with the new tank I got.
tank01km7.jpg
tank02mf1.jpg
tank03st3.jpg
tank04jv4.jpg
bask01dh2.jpg
bask02op4.jpg
bask03vm6.jpg

those turtles look so happy with their new room,look like there growing too, one looks biggerPRW i dunno what you heard but money doesnt grow on trees

PRW i dunno what you heard but money doesnt grow on trees
I think that was their point. The simply said that if she can't afford to keep them, as in provide proper housing for them, she should be responsible and fine a good home for them where the will be in a proper sized home.

Um, sorry whoever said money doesn't grow on trees... But money is actually paper, so therefore it does grow on trees :good:

My point that I was trying to make is that if somebody has the money to spend on a new digital camera, yet earlier on said they don't have enough money to buy a tank for these turtles, then why on earth would they spend the money on an inanimate object instead of a living creature that needs cared for.

That's all I was saying, if somebody has the $200+ to spend on a new camera, but can't spend the $160 on a 55gallon tank, then they shouldn't say that they don't have the money to spend on a new tank.

Sorry, but personally, I'd rather spend the $200+ on my fish/turtles/pets then buy a new digital camera, especially if I have an older one already that still works and will still take pictures.

Might want to get a UVB lamp so that your turtles can get Vit.D3 which helps them to process calcium -otherwise they might end up with problems such as pyramiding -causing internal organs to grow faster and shorten the life of your turtles.

Basking temps: mid 80's-90's
Water temps: mid 70's

Your HOB filter will work well while they are young, but I would recommend upgrading to a canister -particularly eheim or rena filstar model when they get older.

Cool little guys -looks like you got a good setup going :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back