I Helped Out Some Goldfish Today :)

ellena

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Apr 11, 2009
Messages
2,137
Reaction score
4
Points
38
Location
GB
My friend has 2 goldfish in one of these from p@h
15047_p.jpg

She has them for her little boy but says they're both bored of them and I've suggested she give them to her friend who has a pond.
Yesterday I said if she did do that, I'd have the tank off her, but to let me know so I could get the filter media while the bacteria were still alive.
Then she told me she changes the filter sponges every 2 weeks when she changes the water! It really grieves me that LFSs and manufacturers peddle this rubbish just to make a few quid :crazy:
So, I've put her straight and told her to clean them in the tank water she's taken out and not to change them until they're dropping to bits.
She's had these fish a few years now, and the tank's never actually been cycled -_-
 
Well- at least she had a filter so it's better than nothing... sort of! XD

And well done to you manging to get these goldfish a better home, I'm sure they'll love the pond.

Also you should probably still do what you can to save that filter media if you're gonna have the tank- 2 weeks worth of fidh-in-cycling media is better than starting a cycle from scratch! lol.

Any idea what you wanna put in that tank? What size is it, btw?

-Rezz
 
Looks like the 14 litre I have one of my bettas in (QT tank).

P@H shouldn't have sold her two fish for that tank. Aside from the fact that it is a really BAD idea, it's also against their store policy.

Well done for helping the little guys out =)
 
I have that tank as a spare/hospital tank.

:hyper:
 
I thought it would be cool for a betta :) She isn't definitely going to put them in the pond yet, so the filter might cycle if she keeps them in there much longer. I'm not going to push the point, I've given her the facts, she's an intelligent girl, I'm leaving it with her.

Assaye, just looking at your tanks, are the bettas in your 14gall community males?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top