I Have Just Seen 1 Fry In My Tank! Woohoo

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

karen4kevin

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have seen my first platie fry in the tank what do i do next?, Also will the other platies eat him?.

Karen.

Well, you have three options, basically.
  1. Let him be. It'd be risky, because the other Platies may go for him, but if you have a lot of plants and decorations, it increases his cahnce of survival.
  2. Stick him in a breeding net. You can make sure he gets food there, and grow him up a bit before you put him back in with the others.
  3. Put him in a fry tank, though since you're asking about it, I'm going to guess you don't have one set up. It might be useful for next time though, if you plan to raise fry.

For more information, read the pinned topics, they are very helpful. :thumbs: And congrats on the fry!

its well planted and have a few things they can hide in, How do i feed them it says 3-6 times a day but wont the other fish eat it to?. I think shes having a few more as shes hididng now, I was suprised to see them all ready and the bigger than what i thought Minnie isnt even that big i though she wouldnt have them for another week or two :S.

Karen

Yes, it's hard to feed them the recommended amount of times in a community tank. Since it's well planted, don't worry about it too much, because they'll eat lots of organisms off the plants, and do pretty well that way. Try just feeding three times a day, since you don't want the other fish to eat too much. The fry will get some, don't worry. They are pretty smart. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back