i have guppie fry

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Boggnials

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
my female guppie had about 30 fry last night i dont know what to feed them. what do i feed them? how long till i can mevo them from the breading trap? their is food in the bottom of the breeding trap will that food eventually get eaten or how do i get it out without wurting the fish fry? :band:

You can try feed them regular flakes,just crush it w/your fingers into small particles.May also concider buying baby brime shrimp,wether live or frozen,any variety is good.About the food that sinks to the bottom of the net,usually in my tank the adults after being fed go directly to the bottom of the trap,they start pocking the mesh and eventually remove all signs of food.Good luck w/the fry.

you can let the babys out when you think they are big enough that they can't get eaten from other fish so bigger then the other fishes mouth, also yah feed them flakes or shrimp etc.. flakes put some into a zipp lock bag and crunch the flakes up. good luck with the baby fry

Ovewr 5 years I have bred and had at least 5000 guppy fry :eek: and I feed a mix of crushed flakes and daphina.

finely crushed flakes work great in a pinch, but there is also fry food out there (its basically ultra fine crushed flakes though........).
if the big fish dont clean out the bottom as ramesses suggested, try using a turkey baster and suck out the leftovers, then squirt it into another container so you can tell if you've accidently sucked up any fry with it.............
hope this helps!

Boggnials said:
my female guppie had about 30 fry last night i dont know what to feed them. what do i feed them? how long till i can mevo them from the breading trap? their is food in the bottom of the breeding trap will that food eventually get eaten or how do i get it out without wurting the fish fry? :band:
GUPPY IS NOT SPELT AS GUPPIE...
I just feed my guppy fry broken up bits of flake food.
Once they grow a little bigger, i do try to add more nutritional foods such as shrimp etc.
A good diet will set them up in life to be more healthy....

They will be big enough to let out in bout 2 months
and if your gonna give them crushed flake
crush it as finally as you can.
How to do it

Put about 2 table spoons of flakes in a clear plastic
sandwich bag and mash it up for about 2 mins
(becare full for air inside the bag once there was air
and i mashed and i had to hoover myself)
To feed the powder use a wet tooth pick the powder
sticks to the stick feed half a tooth pick for every twenty fry

this is from my personal xp
btw in your community tank if u use powdered flake the slower
fish get thier share aswell

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back