I Have A Question About Feeding

allie95

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Mar 25, 2009
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
PA
Okay, so I've read about some people feeding their fish different fruis and vegetables. I was wondering if potatoes would be okay? That was just a thought. But can anyone give me a list of some things they feed their fish other than like flakes, bloodworms, brine shrimp, ect? Oh, and I have guppies and platies, in case that matters to what you feed them.
 
I seen cucumbers, carrots, watermelon, and lettuce. There are little limitations on what you can feed. As long as there are no chemicals and whatnot.
 
Okay, thanks. I was just thinking about that earlier, because I'm gong grocery shopping lol.
 
Something not often mentioned is the few leaves of Brussel sprouts that I feed my vegetarian fishes. When I have them for a meal, I will save one of the sprouts, already cooked, and peel off one leaf at a time to feed my Herotilapia multispinosa. They go crazy for it.
 
I just fed my fish some carrot. They weren't too thrilled :lol: .
 
Carrot would need to be very much cooked and softened. Most of our typical fish can't really chew something like carrot but might like and overcooked and softened one.
 
Okay, so I've read about some people feeding their fish different fruis and vegetables. I was wondering if potatoes would be okay? That was just a thought. But can anyone give me a list of some things they feed their fish other than like flakes, bloodworms, brine shrimp, ect? Oh, and I have guppies and platies, in case that matters to what you feed them.
Yes I feed potatooes to my fish (mollies guppies and platy). Have to parboil or micowave it first to soften it a little. Pleco also loves it. Also feed them raw cucumbers and boiled courgettes.
 
Okay. But we just used all of our potatoes yesterday for Thansgiving dinner :lol: and I did cook the carrots. Maybe I just didn't cut the pieces small enough? How small should I cut the pieces? (Pictures would be awesome). Thanks, and sorry for all of the questions! Still a newbie here.
 
A lot of fish go nuts for a thawed frozen pea. Just run under hot water until it's thawed and peel the shell off with your fingernails. I suppose you could also smush it and feed it to fry.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top