I Guess It's Time To End The Hobby.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Do you really think you can see him poop EVERY time? Or is hoplo poo that visible in the tank?

Do you really think you can see him poop EVERY time? Or is hoplo poo that visible in the tank?
It's a distinct round ball, unlike the thin weenies that other fish make.
But Bee really took the disgusting habit of eating everything that falls on the sand. :sick: Maybe that's why I don't see it daily, I see it once every 2-3 days.
She only ate one piece of pea though. Seems she didn't like it much as she avoided the rest.
They all go crazy for flakes instead. :hyper:

omg Snake, if thats not a good reason to disable signatures, i dunno what is!

Haha this was my exact thought!

Fishblast - Do they have paypal in Romania? Or is there any other way we can help you to get that nitrite kit? I have been reading this thread and you care so much for your fishies, i's quite touching. Although when you go as far as watching them poo I it is also a little worrying :hyper:

Haha this was my exact thought!

Fishblast - Do they have paypal in Romania? Or is there any other way we can help you to get that nitrite kit? I have been reading this thread and you care so much for your fishies, i's quite touching. Although when you go as far as watching them poo I it is also a little worrying :hyper:
Yeah but it requires to have a debit card, I have to speak to the guys at the bank on Monday to make one for me and even then it will take 1 week till it's done. -.-
But I will get paid in April according to my boss. Meantime, I change a bit of water almost daily and once a week I do a larger change of 20L, might do a 30L this weekend. Dad has to get a new bottle of dechlorinator soon though, I think I can only do about 3-4 more big water changes. I only put drops in the 1.5L bottles but the 10L bottles require about 5ml.

The reason I'm watching them poo is because I keep reading of a lot of cases where fish get bloated / constipated on this forum and even worse is that mine do not accept peas, which means that if they get constipated, I might not be able to fix it.
But ever since I changed their food to flakes, Tzuppy is no longer throwing gasses and stays on the floor searching for food (except when I go near the tank, then he waits for food and I can scratch him under the head, he starts to bite my finger lol). The other two are dwelling at the bottom all the time pecking like chickens, sometimes fighting over a piece of flake, usually the female wins and runs away with it -.-

Epsom salts are an alternative to peas if your fish do get constipated (and they probably won't, so i wouldn't worry about it until it happens). You might already have some in the medicine cabinet, a sprinkle in a plastic pot filled with tank water and put the fish in there for 15 minutes - that should do the trick.

Epsom salts are an alternative to peas if your fish do get constipated (and they probably won't, so i wouldn't worry about it until it happens). You might already have some in the medicine cabinet, a sprinkle in a plastic pot filled with tank water and put the fish in there for 15 minutes - that should do the trick.
I don't have epsom salt (at least not something in a box that says that) but I have that kind of salt they get from salt mines, big crystals of salt without iodine. Are those any good? Because there's a ton of it if ever the need comes.

Meanwhile, Bee has become a bit dominant, sometimes I wonder if she's a "sneaker". She scares the male away, she displays at him and he displays back with backfin held high and shaking tail, but she doesn't have a gonopodium and no sign of a sword. Even more, she has a black spot that's quite big and she's well-rounded.
The male can hide behind the plant, but instead he prefers to display and tick Bee off. She does a dash towards him every now and then when he does the display. This same female has harassed another female at the beginning when I got them as a trio. She wouldn't let that female eat anything and even got the male to follow her around.
Could she be acting like this because she's nearing birth date or is she a "sneaker" male?

She looks quite female to me, but I've had cases when a female gave birth and then grew tail and gonopodium... o_O And another where it just turned male and kept harassing another male.

Attachments

• ScreenShot739.png
    ScreenShot739.png
    64 KB · Views: 72
yeah :D

I've kinda got to the point where i'd like to carve off Tzuppys head, boil him up, chuck him in a bread roll and NOM NOM NOM

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back