I Guess It's Time To End The Hobby.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I keep wondering what in the world is Bee eating, I only fed Tzuppy a few daphnias and that's all for today. Yet Bee is pooping like no tomorrow. Cracker got a bite of the daphnia dust but he isn't pooping anywhere near as Bee is. Could she be eating my plant?

Okay no worrys :good:
What a kind person you are, that's special these days

Been reading this topic from the start so i know how tight monny is for her and envy her passion for fish keeping :crazy:

:fun:
And I admire the way others keep their fish and planted tanks, just wish I had known before about what to do. I would have spent everything from gained from computer repairs last year on stuff for them.
So many years of fish keeping and I had no idea what cycling meant until I've joined this forum. Maybe I could have saved the neons my friend gave me, they would have been great in that 40L or so tank that came with them. But I had no internet back in 1997 though...

Though now I'm no longer a fan of schooling fish, I like the sparse but colorful or full of character fish I have now.

Well I have been grabbed by the heart and soul and I haven't even had the chance to know what it's like to have a fish in my tank yet (I've had gold fish before with under bed filter set up according to a commercial company who sold the lot to me, I didn't realise I may have subjected my fish to ammonia!!) well the tank I have now, I find it amazing watching fish and after I have completed the cycle it is going to be something!
I know where your coming from concerning this site, I never knew about tank cycling either, it feels really good learning.

Well I have been grabbed by the heart and soul and I haven't even had the chance to know what it's like to have a fish in my tank yet (I've had gold fish before with under bed filter set up according to a commercial company who sold the lot to me, I didn't realise I may have subjected my fish to ammonia!!) well the tank I have now, I find it amazing watching fish and after I have completed the cycle it is going to be something!
I know where your coming from concerning this site, I never knew about tank cycling either, it feels really good learning.
I wish you lots of good luck and an easy start. What fish are you going to put in it?

My dad kept hoarding goldfish in my tank. I found them quite boring, even though nice looking, but their personalities didn't compare to my Hoplos'.
Unfortunately, I couldn't keep them alive during summers, especially while my dad was in charge. I had no idea how to use the filter either (although there was a period when I did use it back then, this very same filter I'm using now).

I find that Hoplos, Swordtails and Guppies are the strongest, but about the Guppies there seems to be a lot of trouble nowadays from what I've seen here. I miss my breeding colony of guppies. Had 10 of them (females and males) but they somehow became sterile, being the 4th generation or so. Though I barely have the minimum for them now with a 20 gal long tank(or so I've read on various websites and this forum).

My old buddy Tzuppy (Hoplo) is the last of my childhood pets, he outlived even my cats. He still has enough energy to follow people as they enter the room and to vacuum the food.
(well, actually my turtle's probably just as old as him by now, maybe even older but I had her since 2003 too).

Dad finally bought some flakes, he's bringing them home. Tzuppy is hungry atm, he's munching on my fingers lol. But I get to pet him when he does that X)) Cute kitty fish.

Cool! Let us know how you get on!
I hope Tzuppy likes them. The swordies are very likely to eat anything including the sand. And for some odd reason, the fish poop keeps disappearing from the sand before I can pick it. I suspect Bee on this one. Saw her eating that stuff once... :crazy:

Ok, I got this.
29nh5lk.jpg

They all ate them within seconds lol. Tzuppy seems to like the red flakes more than the yellow or green ones. Bee somehow managed to swallow a flake that was bigger than her (was meant for Tzup). Cracker likes them too.
I will give bloodworms maybe once or twice a week. The food supplies should last me more than a month now lol.
Thanks for suggesting the flakes guys. :lol:

ol10n.jpg

He's shifting the sand a lot now. Lol.

Excellent news! Glad it's worked out :)
He's so adorable when he begs for food X)

So how many flakes should I give them? Pretty hard to give them like the worms as the swordies are faster than Tzuppy.
Are 2 flakes per fish enough? Or will I end up with one well-fed piggy and 2 starving fishies?

I always break them up into more manageable pieces by putting them into my palm and giving them a few taps with my nail, they break up really easily.

I have always been unsure about how much to feed myself but I try to stick to the rule that their stomach is only about the size of their eye...hope that helps!

I always break them up into more manageable pieces by putting them into my palm and giving them a few taps with my nail, they break up really easily.

I have always been unsure about how much to feed myself but I try to stick to the rule that their stomach is only about the size of their eye...hope that helps!
Thanks. Does that go for catfish too?

And dang, this fish must have a HUGE stomach... O.O
big-eyes-fish.jpg

or none at all...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back