I got Platties..

Rhonda

Reaction score
Ok so i decided on platties on the advice from a few people here. One of them ( a female) is like a light iridecent blue with the mickey mouse marking on her tail. There is also a dark spot right in front of her anal fin. Reading through some of the threads here.. sounds like it might be that she's prego.. she is notably fatter than the other female.. think she might be pregnant?? i'm soo not an expert :*) but i'm trying to learn!

It looks exactly like the pic of the pregnant guppy in the breeding thread that is pinned

Hi,
I am a beginer and I just got my first tank a few months ago. It cycled and every thing is healthy and great. I have two orange/yellow (do you call that marigold???) platies and I am SURE they are a male and female but I have had them for about two months (after the tank cycled) and they havent bred yet. The male seems interested but the female swims away and hides in the plants. everyone says platies are so easy to breed but mine wont! :blink: is there any thing I can do to make my tank more "romantic" LOL??? :wub:

sydney,
:hi: to the forum.

Introduce yourself in the newbie section.

I don't mean to offend you, but you should post your questions in your own thread unless it relates to the thread you're posting in.

To add your own thread, click on "add new post" under the section you wish to post the thread. :D

As for the thread-starer, your fish is probably pregnant. It's probably also a mix between mickey's and coral blue platies.

Most reactions

Back