I Got My Zebras!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

onemisterchristian

Fishaholic
Reaction score
That's all. I had to get it off my chest! :D I'm just so dang excited. They came last week on wednesday I believe. I got 5 all in between an inch and an inch and a half. :) They are so incredibly stunning. Especially since the belong to me. Now, I've just got the waiting game ahead of me. Can't wait until they mature. whew. That's all. :)

i've never seen one in an lfs anywhere near me and i live in NY. hmm, do you mind me asking how much you paid? i have heard them going for $100 and up each. if you are going to breed them and ship them within the continental us and charge a reasonable price i will be interested ;)

They're a ways off from breeding, that's if i'm even lucky enough. But that is indeed what I am looking forward to. And let's not talk about the price. You don't want to know. :no:

i figured that much- the price that is. they can go for a whole lot of money. i want to put some in a 150 gal US and that is a ways off so i have time and patience for your breeding.

i hope it works out for you, fingers crossed!

well good luck!

Now, I've just got the waiting game ahead of me. Can't wait until they mature. whew. That's all. :)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope you like waiting - these take forever to grow to breeding size. Mine started breeding at about 2.5"-3" but the babies took about a year to get to a full inch so you have a couple of years sitting around.

I sold the breeding group last year as I was cutting down tanks but PM me for hints on getting them breeding. They are beautiful but I found them a bit boring - I actually prefer Hypancistrus inspector for behaviour.

A standing joke in this family is my Brother planning to sell them all to a LFS & replace them with mint humbugs & see how long before anyone noticed.

They are beautiful but I found them a bit boring
A standing joke in this family is my Brother planning to sell them all to a LFS & replace them with mint humbugs & see how long before anyone noticed.

Ours are compleatly different - they are always scooting about (once they come back out when you sit by the tank).

They are most active after lights out - When we first got them I kept falling asleep in the bed the wrong way as its at the foot of our bed - with the moonlights on is a great way to watch them ;)

Exactly :D - they are nocturnal so any visitors saw them "parked" for the day. One of the females had a broken stripe & was called "Spot" = spot the fish.
Overnight, or when live bloodworm fell from above in the evening, they were as active as the other Hypancistrus I keep but in the years I kept them they always fled as the tank was approached.
I have one H inspector that comes out to see if its food time and others that just shift around their bogwood when their tank is approached.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back