I Got A Job!

kribensis12

I know where you live
Joined
Nov 13, 2006
Messages
8,679
Reaction score
593
Points
113
Location
Peoria, Illinois
Okay, a new fish store opened up here a month ago. Its called Hidden Reef Aquatics. So, i stopped in today to buy a R/O Filter ( got it for 60 dollars, and it does 60 gph!) , and i was talking to him and the other guy who works there. They said, give us a sec, and they walked far away. Then they came back a few mins later and offerd me a job. They said one of them is just there to help and wont be there much longer, and they need someone who knows about freshwater fish. They sell most SW but they have maybe 20 tanks for fresh. So, they told me i can bag fish, pick the fish to order for freshwater, and give advice for freshies. He said that he expects me to make atleast 50-100 dollars a week. I start sometime next week. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED! This is like, a dream job!



NOW, i need some help. I bouhgt the R/O filter, and set it up and turned it one, but it only dribbles out of the blue tube, but the orange one ( waste water ) lets our a constant stream. Why is this? I asked him and he said i need a gage for the waste water tube. He gave me one for free and put it on for me. Still not much. A little improvment but not much. WHY IS THIS?
 
congratulations and good luck :good: i'm sure you'll do a great job.
 
Congratulations Krib! I remember when you taught me so much. :')


You really lucky-- ):

Sorry, but I don't really knwo about the R/o..

Apparently, no one does. (From the recent posters.) :]

Good luck with the job! (I'd do anything for the job..) ):
 
Thanks! I know im lucky, for them to ask me if i want to work there and to hire me on the spot is pretty crazy! I hope i can get help with the R/O filter.
 
Hi kribensis12 :)

Congratulations on the new job! :clap: You must really have impressed them. Best of luck with it!



_____
I'm going to leave your thread in the Tropical Discussion section so if you don't get an answer about your R/O unit, please ask it again in the Hardware forum. Someone there will probably be able to help you.
 
Way to go! :good: For all the crazy jobs I've had in many years I've never gotten one without asking, you must have said something to impress them!

RO units will produce more waste water than pure water, the ratio is determined by the quality of the unit from what I understand, as well as the hardness of your tap water. Harder water will produce a lot of waste. I wouldn't be surprised if you are getting 5x or more the amount of waste than pure, this would be pretty normal.

The waste water is fine for lawn & garden use, this is seasonal though. I think I told you about the buddy of mine who used the RO waste as a trickle rinse through bins of blackworms, you can see how this would work pretty good.
 
The amount of waste water is normal. Thats why we dont all use r/o units. Its expensive. You're gonna need that extra 50 a week to pay your water bill!
 
Or find a use for the water that will keep your parents happy. Washing the car with it comes to mind, but do realize it will be harder water than what comes out of the tap.

Check what you are paying for water, and do the math. Where I'm at it's around $4.25/1000 gallons.
 
Thanks! Well, from what i saw at Hidden Reef, there R/O's were letting a slow, but constant stream out of the blue, and orange. The orange was in the drain, and the blue was in a bucket. It was going alot faster than mine was. It took my unit 2 HOURS, to make 2.5 gallons!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top