I Figured Out A Good Question For Everyone

theshadowinc

Fishaholic
Joined
Dec 31, 2008
Messages
483
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
London, Ontario, Canada
Now this might be a big one for everyone but looking for insight. I have breed fish before but always scared to ship them out and have no idea how i would do something like this. LFS do it why can't we! I have always found getting from a local breeder usually cheaper cause of shipping weight etc, but getting from a breeder i find sometimes is better than getting from a LFS but still would be nice to know how to. We all know LFS do it!

So

How to ship fish in winter (If possible)

How to ship fish in summer

Subject to include live fish all sorts and live plants
 
never shipped fish myself but i think they do something like this.

fill 1/3 bag with tank water and fish leaving 2/3 oxygen, add stress zyme etc. double the bag up (just to be safe)
put in a polystyrene box with padding (bubblewrap/newspaper etc) and add a heatpack if cooler whether
then send for next day delivery before 1pm

HTH :good:
 
there are 2 proper couriers which will handle the fish with care and keep warmer than royal mail

and usally guaranteed live delivery

apc and i think its a new one called j m livefish couriers
 
When I have shipped plants I did it very simply. Select the right plant and lay it in the shipping bag on some wet paper. Get a stiff padded envelope and double bag the plant to keep the envelop from getting wet. Affix postage and drop into a mail box. Send an e-mail to the person on the other end so they know when to look for the package.
It works great with smaller plants in reasonable weather. I don't try to ship in extremely hot or cold weather. Who really needs a plant that bad?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top