i dunno what it is

teknikz

Fish Addict
Reaction score
hey guys

i got 4 tetra's today to cycle my tank after readin they are good for cycling....but there are 2 i cant i.d.

they are silver with large scales...each scale has a dark outline....they have a orange/red light spot on top of their eyes (like a glowlight)...then where the tail starts is black but it fades out to transparent at the tips

any1 got any ideas???

i think the other 2 are lemon tetra's.....they are silver'see thru with yellow n black fins

thanx

Tek :fish:

Tek,
Where the tail is black is there what looks like a light? It sounds to me like head and tail light tetras. they are kind of oval in shape. The tail light is right on the top of the black area of the tail. Take a look and let me know.
Sandy

the transparent ones with yellow and black fins sond like pristella tetra's to me. I have 6 of them that meet that exact description, is there a litlle bit of white on the fin too?

hey sandy

nope....no tail light....not from what i can see....they bout 1.5 inches long too so they arent babies

tanked.....they have a lil white tip to the fins....but only the anal fin and dorsal fins have colour......but the tail is like an opaque red colour

any clues?

yep tanked :D :D :D :D :D

the little ones are pristella tetra's....ive just had a search on the net n they are deffo pristella's

cheers matey ;)

any ideas to what the others are tho???

i'll try catch a pic of them on my web cam now

:-( how do i upload pics????

i havent got anythin that says browse

ok......the fish in my avatar pic is the mystery fish......any ideas?

Hyphessobrycon pulchripinnis Lemon Tetra

No nevermind, black tail.

Hmmm i swear i posted the tetra i found here yesterday. Odd.

Moenkhausia oligolepis
Glass tetra

tn_Mooli_u1.jpg

looks like it could be the same as the discription

just posted my fav relation to tetra on members pics

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back