I Don't Think This Is Going To Work

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

daizeUK said:
And their chocolates - best in the world, of course!

Well, you can say that... and I'm sure its very good.  But, I've got other chocolates I prefer. :p

Also, they 'invented' chips :) 

(otherwise known as French Fries) 

eaglesaquarium said:

Well, you can say that... and I'm sure its very good.  But, I've got other chocolates I prefer.
tongue2.gif

If you mean that stuff you Americans call chocolate... 
sick.gif

A bit off topic, but what's the difference between candy and chocolate???

daizeUK said:

Well, you can say that... and I'm sure its very good.  But, I've got other chocolates I prefer.
tongue2.gif

If you mean that stuff you Americans call chocolate... 
sick.gif

No need to be snobby.  There are different chocolatiers in the world.  And different folks have different tastes. 

(or, as my mom used to say: "Don't yuck someone else's yum.")

It must depend on what you're brought up on.  You get accustomed to certain tastes.  When you get used to something it tastes 'right'.
Have you ever tried Belgian/European chocolate?

Don't get me started on chocolate.

Oh, no, too late.

As something of a chocolate connoiseur (and a 16stone stomach to prove it), I can categorically state that Belgian Chocolate is the best in Europe. My family and I had a stroll around the chocolatiers in Brussels last month, and partook of various samples. Interesting to note that the very top of the range chocolatiers (eg Neuhaus) don't feel the need to give samples. However, some other decent ones do, including Leonidas and Art du Chocolate. Bruges is also another excellent city to visit for chocolate shops (50+), and also has the Frietmuseum (the Museum of Chips/French Fries).

Eagles, if you happen to be in NYC, Washington DC or Richmond VA, Leonidas have stores in those cities (and others in the US, Chicago, San Francisco, Houston, Portland etc).

I have sampled Swiss, which I would rank second, on a visit to Basel last year.

British comes a poor third, IMHO.

We have relatives in Luxembourg and they frequently bring us boxes of Leonidas chocolates... 
wub.png

the_lock_man said:
Don't get me started on chocolate.

Oh, no, too late.

As something of a chocolate connoiseur (and a 16stone stomach to prove it), I can categorically state that Belgian Chocolate is the best in Europe. My family and I had a stroll around the chocolatiers in Brussels last month, and partook of various samples. Interesting to note that the very top of the range chocolatiers (eg Neuhaus) don't feel the need to give samples. However, some other decent ones do, including Leonidas and Art du Chocolate. Bruges is also another excellent city to visit for chocolate shops (50+), and also has the Frietmuseum (the Museum of Chips/French Fries).

Eagles, if you happen to be in NYC, Washington DC or Richmond VA, Leonidas have stores in those cities (and others in the US, Chicago, San Francisco, Houston, Portland etc).

I have sampled Swiss, which I would rank second, on a visit to Basel last year.

British comes a poor third, IMHO.

I have had Belgian chocolate.  I have not had Leonidas.

TwoTankAmin said:
Chocolate you say?

Think Teuscher

http://www.teuscher.com/

Had my first one in the 1960s.

Ah Swiss, Also very nice. I am probably going to Zurich next year, so I shall hunt out their shop there.

It appears to the human eye that they have laid down ramps for the train to go over.

But in reality i think all they are doing is using the 'ramp lookalike things' to shield them self from getting electrocuted. That is all. I think they are in the shape of a ramp is a coincidence.

That would make sense.  Which would make us the ignorant ones! :lol:

Those don't appear to be 'electrified' rails at all.  And at least in the US, the '3rd' rail is the one with the electricity in it. 

Looks to me like they are trying to protect the hose.

eaglesaquarium said:
Looks to me like they are trying to protect the hose.

Heh, protecting fire water hose with plastic ramps from least 40 tons of train with sharp rail wheels....hmm, that'll work....

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back