I don't know><

🐠 The poll is open for the February TOTM! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Meylin

Reaction score
My name's Meylin I'm 20 and this is my shrimp tank ! !

IMG_20221209_172805.jpg
IMG_20221116_143122.jpg

Rocky998

Kinda crazy, but somehow they let me stay
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Meylin!
That's a nice planted shrimp tank you have! It looks really good!

Aqua67

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I love my shrimp too. Nice aquarium.

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
I hope you disconnect the heater during water changes as it is pretty high by the looks of it.

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Meylin... :hi:
Well, your tank looks well planted; something your shrimp must love...

jaylach

Supporting Member
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
Very nice! I’m sure there will be other comments on “topping off”. Why no water changes? Topping off doesn’t eliminate bad stuff.. just a question Meylin.
OK, I'll be the first to comment on no water changes...

Especially on as small of a tank such as a 5 gallon water changes are important. The smaller the tank the more important they are. Even if just changing out a gallon or two in a 5 gallon will probably result in fish being more active and better plants. I'm not as big on water changes in either amount or frequency as many here but, especially on such a small tank, it will likely lengthen the life span of your fish.

The thing is that in nature water is constantly being changed out whether due to the flow of a river or the inlet and outlet of a lake. Water changes are to try to duplicate this by exchanging old with new as is done in nature.

Also, if you use a siphon to draw out the old water, you can vacuum the substrate to remove old rotting food and such. Your small tank will just be healthier with such water changes.

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
That's an awesome shrimp tank. I hope you enter it in our March Tank of the Month contest which will feature tanks sized at 16 gallons and smaller.

Boundava

Fishaholic
Reaction score
OK, I'll be the first to comment on no water changes...

Especially on as small of a tank such as a 5 gallon water changes are important. The smaller the tank the more important they are. Even if just changing out a gallon or two in a 5 gallon will probably result in fish being more active and better plants. I'm not as big on water changes in either amount or frequency as many here but, especially on such a small tank, it will likely lengthen the life span of your fish.

The thing is that in nature water is constantly being changed out whether due to the flow of a river or the inlet and outlet of a lake. Water changes are to try to duplicate this by exchanging old with new as is done in nature.

Also, if you use a siphon to draw out the old water, you can vacuum the substrate to remove old rotting food and such. Your small tank will just be healthier with such water changes.
Agree 100%. Very well said :thumbs:

Most reactions

trending

Members online