i didn't get the betta smaragdina i was planning..

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

supersixone

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
i went out to PA to pick up my betta smaragdina pair today, and i was overwhelmed by the number of betta species this guy had available! after over an hour of debating and deciding, i decided to forgo the smaragdina. instead, i got 2 pairs of betta coccina, 1 pair of betta pugnax, 1 male dr ct betta splendens, 1 female ct betta splendens, and 1 regular female betta splendens, plus some anubias and java fern. eeeeppp!!

the coccina just caught my eye. theyre absolutely darling and he said they get along better than the smaragdina. the pugnax are HUUUUGE. bigger than my giant plakats, and i've always wanted a mouthbrooding species. i just couldnt talk myself out of the lovely steel dr ct, but that's already not bad. i did manage to talk myself out of a yellow-orange veil and an orange and black veil :)

anyway, lots of photos to come!

Yay congrats on all your fish...and I cant wait for the photos...you always have such wonderful pictures...

Congrats supersix, they sound great. :D Hehe, I want to see pics too!

supersix you went to get them from mark right?
i just ordered from him and itd be nice if i can pick my order up in the future. you gotta tell me everything you can. was it an actual fish building or what?
how did the fish look etc. he is hopefully sending mine on tuesday, freaking parents would drive me 30 minutes to pick them up so i had to spend 16.00 for shipping and a box.

I am so insanely jelous about that store in PA. Damn living in California.

Venting aside, I want lots of pics!!!

BTW, how much did you pay for all that??

double ray ct betta splendens female:

camboctgirl02.jpg

regular betta splendens female:

vtgirl02.jpg

steel dr ct betta splendens male:

steelct01.jpg

steelct03.jpg

the four betta coccina

coccina%20no1.jpg

coccina%20no2.jpg

coccina%20no3.jpg

coccina%20no4.jpg

betta pugnax, named bonnie and clyde

bandc01.jpg

bandc02.jpg

bandc03.jpg

bonnie
bonnie02.jpg

clyde
clyde01.jpg

I love your splendens, esp the pink lady--don't show it to Lady she said she's looking for a pink lady to breed with her male PK :D --and the steel boy Wow!!

But still I like the pink lady :nod:

Ohh Lovely bettas you got yourself there :wub: I have a pair of betta smaragdina and was told that they get along fine with eachother and get along with other fish but have now learned they have a temperment similar to that of betta splendens :S That they are unpredictable and best in a species tank.

I bought them from a store that kept them with Dayi gouramis and some shaoling fish. I've since kept them with licorice gouramis and the Dayi gouramis without a problem. :dunno:

What lovely fish!

Where do you put them all?

Can I ask Supersixone - how do you manage to get such good photos of them?

Most reactions

Back