I can’t send photos?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

joeyr188

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello I need help I can’t send photos normally and was wondering how I can fix it so I can participate in the fotm.

The following image should help. It could also be the file format of the image such as, if the file extension is '.RAW' it is unlikely that the forums would accept. I don't know all of what is accepted here but do know that '.JPG' works.

add-image.jpg

if pics are on your phone or computer, click the "attach file" link in the reply area. Then choose the photo you want to upload and click on "insert" and choose whether you want thumbnail or a full sized image.

if pics are on your phone or computer, click the "attach file" link in the reply area. Then choose the photo you want to upload and click on "insert" and choose whether you want thumbnail or a full sized image.
Says "the following file is not allowed".

Try with other pics… probably wrong format for the site.

Last edited:
Says "the following file is not allowed".
What is the image file format? By format I mean the part to the right of the dot in the file name such as .jpg, .gif, etc.. If you have the ability convert the image to ,jpg.

@Fishmanic : I hope I am not over stepping boundries by giving advice as to site usage. Since I run my own forums I'm just trying to help a bit...

What is the image file format? By format I mean the part to the right of the dot in the file name such as .jpg, .gif, etc.. If you have the ability convert the image to ,jpg.

@Fishmanic : I hope I am not over stepping boundries by giving advice as to site usage. Since I run my own forums I'm just trying to help a bit...
File name. I am just trying to post a photo from my phones gallery. No clue about file names or whatnot.

There are ways to convert a file image format to another one like .jpg or .png

now enter that beauty in the FOTM contest;)

File name. I am just trying to post a photo from my phones gallery. No clue about file names or whatnot.
Since you got it this probably isn't needed but...

Almost all files have what is called an extension. It is like 'file-name.ext. With an image file or photo there are several extensions around that denote the format of the image. Even on a phone it is the same even if you don't see it.

LOL! Enough unwanted info... ;)

Since you got it this probably isn't needed but...

Almost all files have what is called an extension. It is like 'file-name.ext. With an image file or photo there are several extensions around that denote the format of the image. Even on a phone it is the same even if you don't see it.

LOL! Enough unwanted info... ;)
Ii have no clue what you just said. How do I post a photo?

Ii have no clue what you just said. How do I post a photo?
On a phone I have no clue. I answered for a computer. Can't stand cell phones. ;)

@Fishmanic gave instructions fo doing from a phone.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back