I Bought a New Tank!

Becca

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Yay, I did it!! I found, and put a deposit on, a tank that I think will work quite nicely. :) I've ordered a Perfecto 75-Gallon Oak Setup - which comes with an Oak stand, an Oak trimmed tank, glass top, and light fixtures. I still have to sink some money into the filter, heater and decorations, but the tank I'm very pleased with.

The tank is 48" wide x 18" deep x 20(?)" tall, has a 5-year warranty (thought it was a year, but I was told 5 years.)

It should be in on Wednesday - June 30...YAY!!!

where did you buy it from? for the size i would think its a cichlid tank! isnt it? :hyper: i love cichlids! im trying to put my dad into this hobby, he already said that he would like me to setup a saltawater and cichlid tank in argentina ! OOOH YEAAHHH! but i want to do that now ! so im trying to fast up the process! :p

DOLORES said:
where did you buy it from? for the size i would think its a cichlid tank! isnt it? :hyper: i love cichlids! im trying to put my dad into this hobby, he already said that he would like me to setup a saltawater and cichlid tank in argentina ! OOOH YEAAHHH! but i want to do that now ! so im trying to fast up the process! :p
DING DING DING! Dolores gets the prize. :)

I'm going to house African Cichlids, my Spiney Eel, my Pleco and a couple of Synodontis Cats in there. :)

My 30-Gallon Tall will be revamped to an ultra-cool home for a couple of Angel fish.

Edit: Where I bought it from: My favorite LFS. :D Perfecto was having a sale on their 75 Oak setups this month and I was able to get the complete setup for $325. I put the deposit on it last night, and it should be in on Saturday - but I won't be able to pick it up until Wednesday. It's a sad day when you've bought something that won't fit in a Buick, LOL. I have a friend with an Explorer who'll move it for me, but he can't do it until Wednesday night. :)

I'm not too worried about waiting a couple extra days, since I still have to cycle the tank, it's not a big deal. Besides, the cycling process is gonna get cut down some. Gary, the LFS dude, offered a couple of used filter pads. :D

Good Deal! I recently bought a 55 gallon tank which I am in the process of setting up and already I am wishing I had bought a bigger tank. It is amazing how much smaller they seem when you start putting in driftwood, deco and plants. Rats! I should have gotten a 75 gallon. :crazy:

Becca,

Way to go! I'm so happy for you!

I think that my 75 gallon that is currently cycing is a similar setup with the oak stand and oak top. It is an all glass aquarium. I probably should take some pics and put them on here.

Would love to see your set up once you're all up.

Congrats!

njnauticalnut - We were actually looking into All-Glass, but the special this month was with Perfecto and they're very comparible to All-Glass - plus they have a 5 year warranty (as long as you buy the stand through them!!)

nene - I feel your pain. My hubby's already saying "The 75 will be good, but I wonder how much more it would have been for a 90....what about a 120?" The nice thing is, as he's said it, the fish stuff is primarily my hobby. He's just happy that I have something that brings me as much joy as my cichlids do. :) And, he gets enjoyment out watching them once in a while. :)

Just for the record - switching from Guppies/Mollies/Cories to Cichlids was the best move I ever made. I love those guys! Besides, who else can say they have a Dolphin in their tank? ;)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back