I blame TFF

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
This is my dining room, lounge. It has a 150-gallon tank in it. Thank you TFF and now I'm starting to think where I will put the eighty gallon for a pair of Discus, when they need a home of their own, thank you TFF. Thank you TFF for starting me down a road that I swore I would never go down. Good on you, love you heaps.
View attachment 159040
I love open tanks...

This is awesome... Just keep adding on. Take up as much space as needed. Build your house as an aquarium made out of ballistic glass so stroms dont damage it. Then put aquariums inside your aquarium home

I get the impression from the photo that you sleep like a bat, hanging down from the ceiling (with a camera). Your real name isn't Bruce Wayne, by chance?

I get the impression from the photo that you sleep like a bat, hanging down from the ceiling (with a camera). Your real name isn't Bruce Wayne, by chance?
This may explain it the tank is on the left hand side of the photo.
20220508_121642.jpg

I tried tiered tanks and find that it is much harder to maintain both tanks, one is too low, and one is two high. I would try to move the 150 closer to the wall on the right and put the 80 next to it. also against the wall. You would have to move the couch out a bit. The 80 might also be in the way of the stairs.

By the way I really like what looks like a pitcher plant coming out of the tank. Looks like a nice bunch of Spanish moss in the window too. You have cool plants.

I tried tiered tanks and find that it is much harder to maintain both tanks, one is too low, and one is two high. I would try to move the 150 closer to the wall on the right and put the 80 next to it. also against the wall. You would have to move the couch out a bit. The 80 might also be in the way of the stairs.

By the way I really like what looks like a pitcher plant coming out of the tank. Looks like a nice bunch of Spanish moss in the window too. You have cool plants.
Some of the plants on the top of my tank
20220508_132319.jpg
20220508_132337.jpg
20220508_132350.jpg
20220508_132412.jpg

Way better than anything I have managed to grow. Our pitcher plant died over the winter and my sundew is on its last days along with our venus flytrap. The venus flytrap grows new leaves but they die soon. We do way better with our Tillandsias, and my wife grows orchids well. Any hints on the flytrap?

Way better than anything I have managed to grow. Our pitcher plant died over the winter and my sundew is on its last days along with our venus flytrap. The venus flytrap grows new leaves but they die soon. We do way better with our Tillandsias, and my wife grows orchids well. Any hints on the flytrap?
All these guys like to have warm feet, which is why I have them in the top of the tank, they also don't like drafts, but do like humidity. The humidity above the tank is around 50% perfect for these plants

Humidity isn't a problem, or perhaps I should clarify, it is too high in my house. How do you keep it at 50% with the open tanks. Warm feet and drafts might be an issue. Thanks for the information. Good luck with the Discus tank.

Humidity isn't a problem, or perhaps I should clarify, it is too high in my house. How do you keep it at 50% with the open tanks. Warm feet and drafts might be an issue. Thanks for the information. Good luck with the Discus tank.
Our house is made of recycled timber, and it is what you would call breezy put it this way we don't get condensation.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back