I am SO happy

Butterfly Betta

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Yes.... Yes........ Oh yes.... :D

This isn't fish stuff. Rather it is horses.

I just go back about two hours ago from taking part in a dressage show [never bothered mentioning again before cause I was TIRED], all decked out on my chestnut Arabian stallion Aurora, whose showname is Arabian Northern Lights.

WE WON!!!!!!!!!! We came in first place....

Oh, I am so happy. Since it was our first time actually in dressage.

He is a wonder horse, never took a wrong step, even when i gave him the wrong command once. :)

Though this was a good day. I found out that two horses at the show become seriously sick due to something called ringworm [not going to explain it fully here]

Aurora before the test was standing beside one of the two horses, and he might have it. I am pissed cause the people who brought to horses were from the same stable and knew about the ringworm. :angry:

Complete ignorance. Who knows how many horses may be sick now...

Also; this happened which I am not happy about.

The vet was out, so far, no signs of ringworm with Aurora after the case in the dressage test. LUCKY, I hope it'll stay that way.

He was given some meds just in case, I the vet gave me the okay to take him out for a trail ride. I hadn't beforehand cause I didn't want to pressure him too much after just winning a blue ribbon [bragging rights]

-------------------------------

Anyways, I tacked him up, and headed towards one of the usual trails I use in my father's farm [he breeds about 132 "Mustangs" for Canadian rodeos, can't see what I see in fragile Arabians].

About twenty minutes into the trail ride, Aurora spooked at a crack in the woods which was unusual because he rarely spooks at things. He is VERY dolice for an Arabian, a stallion at that.

My father had a bunch of people up to the farm, it is kind of like a "dude" ranch as well as a breeding farm. Makes good money and makes sure if one thing fails, there is a backup plan.

I nudged Aurora's sides slightly, picking the reins up from the stable [rarely use them] and he snorted before he moved forwards. There was a small grouping of bushes in front of us, and once he got through. I stopped him short.

One of the "dudes" from the ranch, who was supposed to be going on a nice calm trail ride with the other ten people was whipping the c*** out of his horse.

The horse, a blue roan Mustang called Crystal, was born with problems with his legs, which was why he was turned into a riding horses before he was even entered into the rodeo circle [my father tried to take back as many of his horses he lets go for the rodeo once they are done]. Crystal can't gallop for very long, but considering the lather all over him, this man had run him into the ground.

Aurora has never seen a whip in his life [i carry one, but have never used it since it is more of a warning towards other horses when I am trail riding], and he wasn't that pleased with what he was seeing it used for. He froze like a rock, but I could literally feel him tense like a spring waiting for release.

He was FRIGHTENED!!!!

I WAS PISSED!!!

This guy had paid little money, cheapsake, to get into the "dude" ranch because it was a v-day special and here he was beating one of my father's horses.

I was clenching my whip so hard, my knuckles were white. I felt like getting off Aurora, going over there and whipping the guy with my whip. Just to see how he liked it.

Luckly, before Crystal bucked the "dude" off, one of the workers called Seth Mahay [who works with my father to train the horses] happened to come out of the bushes on his white Mustang mare, Jewel.

He grabbed the man's whip, threatened to hit the guy with it. Then he turned to the "dude", told the man to give up his pass.

I thought for sure Seth was going to make Crystal carry this "dude". But rather, since we weren't that far from the farm house, the man had to get down and walk in front of the group leading Crystal back.

Why do people do what they do to horses?????

Good for you on winning the show!
I used to ride a horse named Cricket, her former owners had tried to turn her into a barel racer, and when that didn't work they would hit her with a whip. She was so afraid that you couldn't even lift your arms up around her because she was afraid of being hit.

I know, people are so ignorant when it comes to horses.

And thanks....

I can't get over the fact that I actually won... :D

I think I'll have to change Aurora's name to Champion instead. :wub: :wub:

Well done :hooray:

Isn't ring worm some kind of fungal disease? My cousin's dog got it and was treated with anti fungal medication. Is it the same for horses?

gadazobe said:
Well done :hooray:

Isn't ring worm some kind of fungal disease? My cousin's dog got it and was treated with anti fungal medication. Is it the same for horses?
Yes. When I got my cat (a kitten at the time) she had it. Then, I caught it from her. :sick: I had to go to the doctor and get a prescription to cure it. :/

God, that is just tragic. I can't tolerate cruelty like that. I rode with a crop for some of the "trouble" horses I rode on a regular basis, but it was more for show than anything. We had a few beasties who were always looking for trouble, and even though they never got more than a single light tap with it, they got the message. There is never an excuse for whipping or beating an animal like that, it's simply horrendous. I'm sorry both you and your boy had to see that, and I'm glad there were people around to stop him. Thank the stars he has to go somewhere to ride, and doesn't have a horse of his own!

On a happier note, congrats on your big win! That's very exciting news! I never did better than 3rd in dressage :p . I'm glad you were able to do it in the arabian tack, too....I didn't think it could be done, but we know now it can! You go, girl!

Congrats on the win! :thumbs:

When I lived in Michigan I worked with four abused horses.
It was my job to train them (basic training) and show them they werent going to be abused.

A person that beats a horse (any animal really) into submission- only does more harm to themselves.
A horse will "act" "tame" after you beat the living tar outta it- but it wont trust you.
You must have trust with them. Most people I've met suck :rolleyes: when it comes to animals. They don't know how to treat them and end up either getting hurt/killed- or harming the animals.

There are no bad horses- only horsemen/women.

( I've always used nail polish ( on myself) with ringworm-works like a charm! :D )

The reason why I wore the Arabian tack is because the dressage test was held at a local stable.

It is a fund raiser for abused horses and animals, a group works with them.

The cost to see the show; including show jumping, cross country jumping, and dressage is $76 but it is for a very good reason.

The people who organize it, take four of the best people in all three parts and have them dress up in unusual equipment.

Since Aurora, my horse, is Arabian and my uncle sometimes uses the equipment. I decided to dress up in Arabian tack and equipment.

It was a little harder than typical gear, but once Aurora and I were done, the spectators were cheering [not only for the win but because I could handle him with all the stuff on]...

-----------------------

Also the guy that beat my father's mustang at the "dude" ranch got kicked off.

Good....

Congrats on your win!!!! :cool: I saw your other post with the pics of the tack, it looked very beautiful.

I'm so sorry that "dude" was so cruel to your dads horse. It makes me so sad to hear anything like that. Poor horse :sad:

Gabe

Well the guy is lucky Seth never beat him with the whip.

This guy, Seth, is VERY strong.

If he had beat the guy, we could have gotten sued. Ouch!!! :X

That'd put a black mark by the "dude" ranch's name.

Anyways, Crystal isn't that bad off from his beating. He is like any Mustang. Tough.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back