HYMENOCHIRUS SP

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

OohFeeshy

It's only forever; not long at all...
Reaction score
Sorry for the caps :) Its copied and pasted. Anyway, I think that is what the lfs does. Sooo... how big do they grow? Are they the same as ADFs or not?? I have no idea, I only saw these on Trimar and though, ah, they sound familiar. Can they go with a betta in a 11 litre tank?

I think that hymenochirus is a type of ADF. Are his hands webbed? If so then he will be a little guy about 1.5 inches, if his hands aren't webbed then you have an ACF and he will get bigger around 4 inches. Sometimes fish stores label the two different frogs incorrectly.

Some people say they are good to house with bettas, but I would never do it. My frogs get aggressive around feeding time, so odds are they would bite my bettas fins. I've also read that a lot of times Bettas will go after the ADFs. If the tank is large then it should be fine, I'm not too sure how much 11 liters is so I don't know if that is large enough. But you could try to house them then if you see and problems seperate them. Just make sure your frog does get to eat, when they are housed with other fish sometimes they aren't able to find the food fast enough and will starve.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back