Hydrasses

Ficious

Fish Addict
Joined
Jun 25, 2008
Messages
947
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Des Moines, IA
after realizing i have hydras in my shrimp tank ive been weary. i now have hydras in all my tanks. even my very succesful and well established 36. theyre also now in my 20 gallon.

im wondering if its just my water? do hydras like less acidic water? soft water??

somethings making these thrive. i never had the problem when i was a kid keeping them.

any help appreciated
 
I have hydra in one of my tanks too, I find them pretty interesting, I feed them on cyclops.
They are pretty hard to spot, and my fish eat them.
They may pose a risk to teeny tiny shrimp and fish fry...but even if it's a fry tank they shouldn't eat enough to be a real problem.

No idea about what parameters they like, it probably doesn't matter much. What they do like is lots of food (like cyclops or tiny daphnia) and do be lest undisturbed by fish. So it's probably because there's no fish the right size that can find them.

Why are they a problem to you though? -_-
 
i gues theyre not, im just not using to having them on my glass. i spose an algae scraper would rid me of the visiual ones.
 
I wish I had hydra.

They're only harmful to very small fry and the various small animals that end up in healthy tanks.

I wouldn't get rid of them, they're just too neat.
 
Same here, just a different book. :D

The fact that they're supposed to be biologically immortal is reason enough for me to keep them on their own. :lol:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top