FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Thank you so much @AdoraBelle Dearheart for recommending i fill my tanks up to the black rim. They look amazing now!

My 10g looks great:
P1080471.JPG

My 29g look pretty much the same:
P1080474.JPG

This is what shocked me, my 20g long looks AMAZING now. Before, it looked super dull. I filled it up with more water, and i guess its just how the light goes into the water. Anyway, it looks great now - so happy. :)
P1080473.JPG

Thoughts?

(I also added some cherry shrimp to the 20g long - it added a great pop of color)

Looks great. Do you have pics of your 20L before and after filling to the rim?

Just out of curiosity, do you like anacharis? Lol
Thanks! Yes, I will upload a before picture later.

And yes, I do love Anacharis, lol.

Awesome! They do look better, and it's great that you like them so much more now!

Yep, the gap between the top of the tank and the waterline wasn't helping things, lights reflect from the surface of the water differently, and it just highlighted the glass above the water. Now it doesn't :)

If you're worried about jumping, you could fashion some temporary lids from plastic sheets like this, or even just a wood panel, see what your parents might have lying around, that you can cut your own holes into for equipment. Not the prettiest, but they'll prevent jumpers, and you can take them off for photos :)

Awesome! They do look better, and it's great that you like them so much more now!

Yep, the gap between the top of the tank and the waterline wasn't helping things, lights reflect from the surface of the water differently, and it just highlighted the glass above the water. Now it doesn't :)

If you're worried about jumping, you could fashion some temporary lids from plastic sheets like this, or even just a wood panel, see what your parents might have lying around, that you can cut your own holes into for equipment. Not the prettiest, but they'll prevent jumpers, and you can take them off for photos :)
That makes sense on the gap thing.

My dad actually has these big plexiglass sheets that he uses for our business. He said he would let me cut some to fit my tanks, when he cut some next. (It has been months so many be he forgot? Lol.)

I will ask him today if I can cut some to fit, thanks! :good:

Do you have troubles growing your Anacharis? :)
Mine doesn't grow as fast, but the new wild denser one i picked up is growing way better. So maybe it'll come out as nice as yours

My thinner one Elodea Canadensis doesn't like the heat wave we have had all summer and is fighting a melt.

I got all of those bushy ones, at a strange little LFS. They were on sale, so I figured I would get them. Maybe they were wild? I have no idea.

Keep at it, your Anacharis will look good in no time! :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back