Huge 900g Tank Project

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

CFC

Leader of the Fishes
Reaction score
As some of you may already know i have been working on a new fish house for the last couple of months, of which the center piece of is going to be a 900 gallon (8x6x2.5 foot) tank which Windsor Aquatics are coming to build on the 20th of this month.Well a tank of this size and volume needs a substancial base to sit on so today i began laying the concrete block piers that will support the tank

tank_stand_1.jpg

tank_stand_2.jpg

tank_stand_3.jpg

A good start mate, it's not long now.

How many rows will there be in the stand/base?

There will be 5 rows in the base spread at 24" centers and then topped with 3/4" plyboard and 2" polystyrene sheet.

Nice one CFC. That will be absolutely amazing when it's done. Cant wait to see the progress. :good:

Any idea what you're going to stock it with? Whales maybe? LOL! :rofl:

Schweet. Will be very interesting seeing this thing unfold. Question, the insulation on the walls? It that to keep as steady room temp? Also, is that fishroom in the garage or regular bedroom/den ???

Good luck with that...

good to see you doing it mate ;)

what have you got planned for water changes etc?

The tank is being plumbed in to a centralised system with my 200, 180 and 150 gallon tanks into a 100 gallon sump, for water changes i will have a valved flow divert from the 2800gph pump to run water straight down a drain. Refills will just be via a hose as per usual

Schweet. Will be very interesting seeing this thing unfold. Question, the insulation on the walls? It that to keep as steady room temp? Also, is that fishroom in the garage or regular bedroom/den ???

Good luck with that...

The insualtion is there to keep the heat in the room and keep down electricity costs. The fish house is a totally seperate 220 square foot building at the end of my garden, part of the reason of moving the fish from the garage is that we are starting to get signs of damp in the walls from the humidity.

Nice!!!

What do you plan on having is stocked with? Will it be marine or freshwater.

If it's marine, get some Brown-Banded Bamboo Sharks! Those guys would be sweet and your tank's big enough!
GobyMaster

No marines, the cost of salt rock and equipment to run a marine tank this size is far beyond my current budget.

Looking good CFC, its one hell of a stand your building too!

So where will all the other tanks be in relation to this one, will they along the side of the walls in front of the main tank? And how will you get the tank in, are they building it on site?

So where will all the other tanks be in relation to this one, will they along the side of the walls in front of the main tank? And how will you get the tank in, are they building it on site?

The other tanks will be going wherever i can fit them in, but mainly against the back wall and the opposit end of the room.

Of course they are building the tank on site, the base glass alone has to be installed in two parts as it is too heavy and awkward to install in one piece.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back