Howdie :)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

sam_ward0611

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm Sam from Bradford in Yorkshire. I have recently bought my first tank for my 2 year old son. Its just a little 17 litre tank. I was very naive about keeping fish but after speaking to a good friend(coldcazzie, who also indroduced me to this forum)my eyes have been opened! We are just getting the tank environment right at the mo so we can keep a siamese fighting fish and a couple of amano shrimp. Im really looking forward to the enjoyment and challenge of keeping tropical fish (and I hope my son likes it too :D )

Hey Sam :) welcome to the forum! :hi:
Won't be long before you have full blown MTS/BTS (multiple tank syndrome/bigger tank syndrome) - the two generally go hand in hand :lol:
Have a lookie round, read the beginners sections and the betta section, ask as many questions as you like (even if you think they might be dumb!)
Meanwhile I'm being summoned as apparently I am a bad wife for answering your thread instead of turning the puter off, so must go :eek: ;) :lol: :rolleyes:

Caz i haven't even got the fish yet and I'm already looking at bigger tanks lol. Think Simon is getting slightly annoyed at me because i spend all my time looking at anything fish related :) had a quick look last night at fishless cycling, looking forward to breaking my water testing virginity today :)

Thank you ddevine123 :)

Tell him to get together with Martin, they can roll their eyes at us together! :D

Have you done your first dose of ammonia yet? If not you should probably do it quick, the bacteria will start to die off without a food supply. If you go to the Your First Tank section, you can start a fishless cycle log where you can post your results and get personalized guidance :)

Yes dear i did my dose last night so going to test later to see if anything has happened :)

Thank you SchottayB :)

Good morning and welcome! :good: We can put the husbands on a couch together and let them roll their eyes as we do water changes. Happens every weekend at my house.

Good morning and welcome! :good: We can put the husbands on a couch together and let them roll their eyes as we do water changes. Happens every weekend at my house.
Sounds like a plan to me!

Then we can all take our turn on the sofa when they start banging on about vehicle engines/football/fishing/computers/insert random boring man-topic here! ;) :rolleyes:

Hey, nice to meet you!! I'm new too, the bigger tank thing gets bad!! I started with a 19L, then upgraded to a 30L and now have a 60L. All in 2 months xD

Now got my eye on a 120L (biggest that will fit on my stand)

xxx

hi sam,

welcome to the forum. BEWARE...you will become obsessed with getting a bigger tank!! :D

nice to meet you

L.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back