How Would I Make This In To A Nano Marine

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

matthewkeogh50

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Ok so i have never kept marine fish before were do i start on making this in to a really small one ( tell me everthing i have no idea with marine) 

http://www.allpondsolutions.co.uk/aquarium-1/fish-tanks/nano-and-small-fish-tanks/tropical-marine-nano-aquarium-25-litres-variety-of-colours-6943.html

Thanks 
santa.gif

WOW good luck. If you have never had marine before your going to strugle with that small tank.

What do you plan on keeping in it first??

Corals? some shrimp and crabs. 

Generally speaking (and I acknowledge that this is a generalisation) most of the marine environments we like to emulate are from very stable conditions. The sea forms a massive buffer to any changes, wheras our river and pond fish get rapid condition changes due to rain and other changes.

As a result marine tanks need to be a fair bit more stable than freshwater.

That said, there's nothing to stop you stripping the filter in that and setting up a tank with some inverts and small corals, marine nano's are certainly doable but they do require a careful eye and a fair bit of dedication. It's a good way into marine from the cost point of view, but it's not the easy path.

Beyond that, the question is, as pingu asks, what is the stocking plan? Kit for marine varies considerably depending on what you're planning.

Best comparison I can give is between a high tech planted tank and a species only predator tank in freshwater. The kit requirements are fairly different, so a set up question has to start there.

You would need a filter.
Live rock about 6 pounds.
Let it cycle for about a month or two. 
Then when the tank is cycled you could get a small goby. If you want Corals you will need to get lights.

I'm not sure if the light you have are enough for corals but maybe you could keep some Zoas or mushroom corals.

Lighting should be easy for a tank that small LED all the way. 

If your gona get a filter get a canister filter It will hopefully add an extra 5-10L of volume to the tank. 

All i have in my canister Is live rock and a some filter floss.

Have a look at these threads if you haven't already:
Marine FAQ
Marine Equipment - although often people do not sump and skim on tanks this small. 
Nano Tank FAQ

Be warned that if your main interest is fish rather than inverts, a tank as small as the one you linked seriously limits what you can keep. There are some, very small fish that can be kept in small tanks, but often you are limited to just a single fish. If you want multiple fish, you are better off going substantially larger. Tiny tanks are also more stable when they are invert-only.

I have no idea what i want to keep i just want something that looks ok and is fun to watch what would u all recommend i put in this tank btw i would love to keep corals in there 

Blue Neon Goby
Catalina Goby 
Clown Gobies
Eviota Gobies 
Panda (Clown Goby 
Redhead Goby 
Trimma Goby 
Yellow Neon Goby
There are a few more you can keep.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online