how too

I was wondering weather to make a fish list and topics all about Coldwater fish and I have suggested it but no moderator seems intrested and we would need one to pin a topic otherwise I have some already written up that just need to be copied and pasted. Do you need help with your nitrates ammonia?

i know planting helps keep nitrate levels down but as its not recommended with koi ? -_- im doing another test tommorow a multi one and was wondering if there was another way apart from chemical to solve the problem,

bribones said:
i know planting helps keep nitrate levels down but as its not recommended with koi ? -_- im doing another test tommorow a multi one and was wondering if there was another way apart from chemical to solve the problem,
Plenty of water changes! :)

ok did the water test again PH 7.2 KH 6 GH was up a bit but thats easy solved we had a downpour today NO2 /NO3 levels where fine ,so heres the problem im still getting a large build up of algie i have a small pump running along with a 1000+gallons into a ecocell filter ,water is well oxiginated ,im thinking of a UV filter but are they as good as they say they are,oh and the reason for the fish out of the pond :sly: MAGPIES caught em just nice today

bribones said:
ok did the water test again PH 7.2 KH 6 GH was up a bit but thats easy solved we had a downpour today NO2 /NO3 levels where fine ,so heres the problem im still getting a large build up of algie i have a small pump running along with a 1000+gallons into a ecocell filter ,water is well oxiginated ,im thinking of a UV filter but are they as good as they say they are,oh and the reason for the fish out of the pond :sly: MAGPIES caught em just nice today
Is the pond in direct sunlight, if so for how long? A pond with no planting often has algae because there are no plants to compete with the algae for light and nutrients which both need. Filters with UVs built in do a good job IME so it might be worth installing one.

We're probably getting a UV filter/light aswell, Maybe just an inline one that goes in the before the filter, which is about £35. We only need a low rating one that about 8W's

ponds in direct sun for say half the day ,i have some oxiginating plants in there but ,there slowly getting eaten,looks like a uv is the way to go,seen one for around £50 combined with a filter but as i already have a filter an inline might do

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back