How to tell you're Koi Kichi

koimom

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
First, gently ask your Ogon to swim into the bag so you can transfer it to new emergency pond. Praise it graciously when it so on command. Take it to new pond and pet it and sweet talk it. Praise Sanke#1 when it follows in Ogon's finsteps? (footsteps) and take it to new pond. Watch Ogon swim and nuzzle Sanke upon arrival. Third, ask Sanke #2 to follow suit, which it does ONLY AFTER MUCH COAXING. ("C'mon--I saw two fish disappear after that bag thing came here!" :p ) Transfer it to new pond where it becomes 3rd wheel to first two fishes nuzzling. Add a little food for fish enjoyment.
WARNING: Eccentric human action follows! :rofl:
Have human keeper take smallest harp outside to serenade koi in their new home, and then become quite delighted when Ogon comes up to give kisses when it's name is called... :fun:
Yup, guess they're happy in their new home now. The five remaining koi in the 85 gallon tank seem so small comparatively. Bet they'll grow more now they have a better chance at the food.

Great to hear Koimom, best of luck and I am sure they will be very happy in their new home. I know how exciting a new pond is!

I'm so excited for you - when will the pond be up and running? I'm assuming from your post that you got the leak on the 100gal fixed. :D If I could, for one moment figure out how to have a pond here I'd do it...

ALASKA

Most reactions

trending

Back