How to stop glofish aggression

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mary~ECole

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
So I have a 23 gallon Fluval fis tank. I have 2 mollies, 5 guppies and 6 glofish . My glofish are 2 pinks, 1 green, 2 purple and 1 yellow. The yellow glofish is my favorite I’ve had him since I started my tank almost a year ago. Anyway my light pink glofish hates my yellow glofish with a passion. Whenever she sees him she attacks. I was cleaning my tank and he had nowhere to hide so she took advantage and gave him a nasty wound on his side poor baby. Um treating him with Melafix, stresscoat, and aquarium salt.
but my question is why is my pink glofish so aggressive and how to I stop it?

Attachments

• A8F84AB8-272C-4499-9A8C-DD6BBBF8FDEA.jpeg
    A8F84AB8-272C-4499-9A8C-DD6BBBF8FDEA.jpeg
    309.3 KB · Views: 64
Glofish aren't really my forte but i research a lot about female betta sororities and a lot of times people recommend adding lots of plants and hiding spots so that they have a lower chance of stumbling into each other and attacking. Usually if they are super aggressive its good to have another tank to put the fish in if the problem doesn’t resolve.

This is based purely on my experience with this species.
What are the dimensions of the tank?

The glofish in question are a modified version of the Skirt/Widow tetras. They can get nippy if there are not enough of them in a shoal. Since you have 6, I don't think that is the case. But occasionally you will get a fish that is just flat out mean, but that is increased when there is very little swimming space. They like to have a lot of hiding places, so lots of plants or cover are a must. Densely covered back and sides with a lightly planted middle swimming space.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back