How To Set Up An Easy Planted Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Good job, well explained... although i didnt like the look of it much

The first three minutes of that video were so dull - this is how you put sponges in a filter tower etc. - and it wouldn't let me skip on, so I just had to close it! Surely people don't need to be told how to do what is clearly all in the instruction book with the tank...

How many times have we seen posts on this forum and others about what order to put the juwel filter sponges into the juwel tower?? I think you're being unecessarily harsh there.

Personally I think the video is very good.

The first three minutes of that video were so dull - this is how you put sponges in a filter tower etc. - and it wouldn't let me skip on, so I just had to close it! Surely people don't need to be told how to do what is clearly all in the instruction book with the tank...

I not long back got a juwel tank and i did not have the instructions and needed to know what oreder to put them in, i asked on here...

So imo, it would of been good for me to see that video before, therefore is useful and would be to others in the future

OK, fair enough. Still - not usually necessary, is it? I'm assuming juwel aquaria usually come with instructions, as mine did

Good one George. :cool: I think it would be a good idea to put a list of plants and other materials used (with suppliers) as part of the blog, almost like a recipe!

Hello George, nice to see your face.

The video was very good, especially for someone starting out.

I think though there was a point in the the criticism in that it would be even better, if you had the option to fast forward.

I'd like to see something more advanced, like vids on long term maintenance, dealing with algae, pruning, dosing depending on algae issues, CO2 settings, flow, etc.

Good vid though :)

Good video, few points :)

1) How did you fill up the tank? thats one important point, as filling it up with water without destroying all your hard work isnt that easy.

2) Any substrate alternatives? As your decided combo would cost your average joe an arm and a leg :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back