How To Kit Out The Project Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

blinky000

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So, I've decided to go for a teeny little scape to start with and see if I get the hang of that before I move onto some of the bigger tanks. The tank I have decided to start on is H: 32cm, L: 29.5cm, W: 19cm and I'd like an Iwagumi style scape ideally (I think something like George Farmer's meadow zephyr would be perfect for a tank this shape).

Since I'm pretty new to aquascaping, I'm a bit clueless when it comes to lighting so that's where I'm going to need some help and would like some suggestions and recommendations. I'd like to get some LEDs because of the low running cost, but am open to other suggestions too. I seem to have got the level somewhat right by accident in my other tank so I'm still none the wiser for it! :lol:

Another question I have is about filtration. What should I go for in a tank this size? I'm not sure if an external might be a bit excessive but an internal would probably take up too much room and take away some of the beauty of the scape? Any input you have for me would be great :)

Cant help with the light to much but it depends on, The plants and what if any ferts and co2 you plan to add

But with the filter you could always get one of the micro externals (£20 I think) from allpondsolutions.co.uk it would keep the equipment in the tank to the minimum :good:

Atb bae

How about an arcadia arc pod 9w light? as i dont think leds are good for plant growth. And as for the filter, how about this hang on filter? hang on filters are great as they are as cheap as internals yet take up less space then externals. The filter and light would only use 12 watts, which is quite low. Do you already have a heater? if not this looks good :good:

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Have a look in my journal Eden in my sig, small tank, good scape, internal filter with good flow and by the way LEDs are AWESOME! Again with one of my scapes, Rocky Mountsin River is LED lit and the high power DIY lighting unit has my HC growing so fast. Also if it's open topped an arc pod would be fine, but for small tanks they only do lower wattage so it won't be too bright but you could grow most plants.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back