How to feed pygmy corydoras?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Stevetheadi

Reaction score
I have just introduced some pygmy corydoras into a planted community tank.

I am a bit worried they're not getting anything to eat. I feed a mixture of flake and crumbled up Bug Bites. The corydoras swim in mid water but don't seem to get anything - the bigger fish gobble it up!

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Bug Bites are an excellent food. Rather than crumbling them, I would get a small container of the mini bug bites. My spawning pygmy cories thrived on these. And for variety, they will relish shrimp pellets, the Omega One brand is nutritionally superior. I had fry weaned onto this one food for years.

If upper fish are problematic, feed at night, but an hour or so after the room becomes totally dark. Corydoras are active during total darkness, but most upper fish are not. But you need to get them "asleep" so wait after the room is in darkness.

This species of cory feeds off any surface, right up to thee leaves of floating plants. Mine gobbled up mini bub bites from the surface as soon as they knew they were being fed.

Overhere, they eat all the leftovers between the gravel. And they're still doing fine.
And welcome to TFF as well... :hi:

Thanks! It seems a very friendly place and I've had some useful advice already. Glad I joined :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back