How to feed Corys in community tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Lior Azar

Reaction score
Hi,

I have 6 Sterabai Corys in my 30 gallons community tank.

I have also Guppies and Swordtails in the tank, they are very very hungry.

How do I manage to feed the Corys well enough with the others won't eat all of their food?

I got sinking waffles and bloodworms but the Guppies and Swordtails just finish it off..

Any advice will be more than welcomed! :)

P.S. I consider buying new 10-15 gallons tank for them so they will be there in peace.

Hi,

How do I manage to feed the Corys well enough with the others won't eat all of their food?

I got sinking waffles and bloodworms but the Guppies and Swordtails just finish it off..

P.S. I consider buying new 10-15 gallons tank for them so they will be there in peace.
You could get some floating flakes for the mid to top dwellers and while they are eating on one side of the tank, you can drop in some of the sinking wafers on the opposite side (it may or may not work depending on how greedy your other fish are 😂)

Hi,

As @Rocky998 suggests...you can actually buy special pellet food, created specifically for Corys (and other catfish), that intends to overcome the issue you're having with feeding.
Whilst your corys can access the pellets, keep the other fish occupied with eith flake foods, or even a food tablet, stuck as far away from the corys as you can put it.

Another trick is to remember that cory catfish are happy to eat in dim light, so you could try feeding a small amount when the lights are out, or about to go out. Just be cautious NOT to overfeed and keep an eye on your ammonia and nitrite levels to achieve this.

Ok i have the same exact stocking
And ive tried pretty much all the methods but heres the conclusion

1. use a turkey baster to pump it down to the bottom where cories are
2. Do it at night when the guppies are sleeping but the cories are still up and about

Nor sure whereabouts in the world you are, but if you are in the UK I use the fish science corydoras pellets. They sink very quickly and my corys crowd round them.
Other brands are of course on the market but I find these the best

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back