How to entertain a betta fish?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
All I need to say is: "Dry erasemarker, and some sort of cloth" LOL.
They really like swing stuff being drawn right onto the glass. The one I had was very very intrigued by it
Yoooo I just tried it since I had a dry erase in my junk drawer and I’ve never seen him look so concerned 😂😂😂

I drew him a pumpkin and some stick figure fish skeletons and ghosts to celebrate the holidays 😂😂

Yoooo I just tried it since I had a dry erase in my junk drawer and I’ve never seen him look so concerned 😂😂😂

I drew him a pumpkin and some stick figure fish skeletons and ghosts to celebrate the holidays 😂😂
Yup! They will be very curious about it!
I did it when I had my betta

You could hold your phone against the glass and play youtube fish videos. That should entertain him.

Hello all! My betta fish who’ve I’ve had for about a year is painfully bored and I’m not sure how to spice up his life. He’s healthy. He swims fine and has more than a healthy appetite and his water params are typical. He’s just a lazy grouch who likes draping himself over his decorations (“draw me like one of your French fish”)

I’ve tried putting post it notes on the front, trailing my fingers on the glass, putting treats on my finger tip and making him jump out of the water to get it. He’s most enthusiastic about the treats, but he quickly looses interest in following my finger/look at the additions on the glass

Should I change his decorations? Add some floating plants?

He lives with a snail in a 5g. Wish I could give him a fish buddy but he’s a brat.

I’d put on a drag and do the hula but I don’t think it’s be appreciated

Edit: he seemed happier in the 3g he was in a few months ago; but that tank had a pond snail invasion and honestly he was better pest control than my assassin snails. He had a high kill count and it was fascinating watching him rip the small pond snails off the glass and eat them. New tank only has a big fat snail who he can’t hunt. He was very disappointed when he discovered this.
Put a mirror in his tank. Watch the fun....

More plants. Especially floating.
And live food (mosquito larvae, brine shrimp, daphnia, micro worms...).

My sister noticed the additions to his tank 😂😂

Sister: “Why’d you draw on his tank?!! What if it doesn’t come off?”
Me: “Oh it does, I made sure! Here, I can rub it off if you want me t—“
Her, slapping my hand away from wiping the doodles: “No it’s cute gimme the marker, we should buy more markers”

And now there’s more doodles on his tank and she’s eyeballing the others 😂

She’s 28

Added a handful of floating plants that I have growing in abundance from a different tank
530C61AC-1186-42C8-BB70-D7044F424BA5.jpeg
he Is mystified

Look at his little ‘what the actual h e double hockey sticks’ face

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back