How to do a Betta sorority?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

31LJ95

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i am going to get a 105l/27g tank. Do you think a beta sority is ok in this. Any advice on it. Can I buy a few first then add some later? Cheers

If you are to try and do a sorority, put them all in at once, as they will sort out a hierachy between themselves. If you put x amount in then another x amount in (x being the number of fish) the ones put in first will bully the newer ones. A planted tank with 6-8 bettas would look really cool. Can't wait to see the tank if you end up doing it :)

Ok thanks Ive got a few ideas. They are bristlenose breeding , dwarf chichlid breeding , pea puffers or bettas. Very hard to choose from

I personally think bettas. There are so many varieties and their colours are awesome. Definitely bettas. Although some kribensis would be cool and you can get your moneys worth if they breed successfully. Can I ask what your GH and pH is? Kribensis generally like 6.5-7.2 pH and 20-100ppm or GH.

PH is I think around 7.2 normally very soft. But I have a big problem which is I have spring water most of the year but in the summer i turn to boar hole water which is very hard so it can be a schock I try limit it by doing water changes right before if I can but that’s the problem

PH is I think around 7.2 normally very soft. But I have a big problem which is I have spring water most of the year but in the summer i turn to boar hole water which is very hard so it can be a schock I try limit it by doing water changes right before if I can but that’s the problem
Bettas can adapt to a wide range of water parameters. Where I live my GH is 290ppm, and I have 2 bettas, both of which are doing very well. But provided you do water changes every 7-10 days then you should be good.

DON’t DI A BETTA SORORITY. Dissster waiting to happen. Been there, done that. Never again! :)

Last edited:
My advice would be to concentrate on keeping your water hardness stable before worrying about stocking. If your the hardness is going to be yoyo-ing like you say it will, you're going to end up losing whichever fish you chose to keep

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back