How to delete your account.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe they should put a post out looking for more active admins?
Not all admins are as daft as I was and spend 23 hours a day 7 days a week onsite with 22 forums to watch over.....most normal and sane admins have a life, a job and/or family away from the boards

The mods here do an excellent job, the admins trust them and if things do ever get out of hand for any reason, then the mods can always call the admins by email or messenger or whatever communication system they use here

I am not going to be critical of the staffing here just cos one person managed to get through the software barrier and has been a pain in the proverbial......it goes with the territory that you'll always have one who plays up and so far its been handled fine. It would not happen on any of my old forums but thats cos I was never off the damned things :D but insofar as the lads and lasses here in staff, they do a fine job with what is a difficult situation sometimes.

This member is a minor - likely under the required age to sign up. He has refused to tell us his age, which is problematic. He gives questionable advice on disease threads and fights with anybody who opposes him. He barely listens to advice he is given about his tanks and he waits for something bad to happen to come here about it.

Once I realized he was a minor - I stopped arguing with him. Because nobody can PROVE his age one way or the other, the ADMIN cannot ban him for being underage as they simply don't know that for sure.

the admin can ban with the press of a button regardless of age or any other factors

problem being the forums admins are hardly ever active

Please keep your comments civil and courteous, no need to add insults or mockery at all.

The OP has presented acknowledgment and is being civil.

I thank you to remain courteous to other members.
I think it is so funny.

Members involved expect a mod to jump to correct an OP behaving in a certain way.

At this forum it seems to be the other way around. The members that took the tireless effort to guide and help the OP stand corrected by mods cause the OP is being "civil" and these members are offensive.

I completely understand the question about a certain diagnosis. In my family there are some people (re)acting exactly in this way and are diagnosed for such "disorders".
Nothing offensive about that but indeed could be an explanation for someones behaviour so other members can take that in account when answering the numerous questions, thoughts, contradictions, etc etc.

I'll do that, ohhh no I'll do that, ohhhh no I'll do something else. I want to delete my account, oh no after the FOTM, oh no I won't delete ot go, ohhh no I might come back.

Please mods, adress the right people and not the people that try to help, guide, save fish, etc...

the admin can ban with the press of a button regardless of age or any other factors

problem being the forums admins are hardly ever active
Definition of an admin and mod.....

You need to be able to act like a NATO peacekeeper and a kindergarten teacher, have the patience of a saint and have the ability to be onsite 28 hours a day, 9 days a week. The ability to read minds is essential and to have a strong coffee addiction is helpful too....along with a life supply of tissues, ibruprofen and haemoroids cream (an optional extra to have would be the pins to stick in yourself to prevent excess swearing)

You must NEVER have a life away from the forum as that will inevitably interupt your duties and be a distraction. To be an admin or mod is a thankless task that ages you prematurely, gives you grey hair and bald spots and wrinkles....you also get severely bruised fingers from the mountain of typing behind the scenes and will, again inevitably, lose your voice due to screaming obscenities at the wall behind your pooter.

The life of an admin or mod is not an easy one...they have to make difficult decisions that most forum members would not have to make and would not want the responsibility to make.

:p

im built for it :) + plenty of time on the ground at the moment

TFF and Fish keeping is my life at the moment

im built for it :) + plenty of time on the ground at the moment
Members are usually asked to join staff, not members asking to be staff ;)

On my forums I chose staff on post quality, subject knowledge and the ability to keep a cool head when everyone else whas screaming blue murder......the ability to type nicely when positively seething inside also helped too ;)

You never know, you might get asked to "put the money where the mouth is" one day......be careful what you wish for :D

I think it is so funny.

Members involved expect a mod to jump to correct an OP behaving in a certain way.

At this forum it seems to be the other way around. The members that took the tireless effort to guide and help the OP stand corrected by mods cause the OP is being "civil" and these members are offensive.

I completely understand the question about a certain diagnosis. In my family there are some people (re)acting exactly in this way and are diagnosed for such "disorders".
Nothing offensive about that but indeed could be an explanation for someones behaviour so other members can take that in account when answering the numerous questions, thoughts, contradictions, etc etc.

I'll do that, ohhh no I'll do that, ohhhh no I'll do something else. I want to delete my account, oh no after the FOTM, oh no I won't delete ot go, ohhh no I might come back.

Please mods, adress the right people and not the people that try to help, guide, save fish, etc...
thank you!

i was not trying to offend anyone i was just trying to get to the bottom of why the OP acts like they do and see if we could approach communication in ways understandable by the OP.

if the mods wish to see it as me being uncivil that's there prerogative and to me only shows a massive lack in moderation.

Ok, after thinking about it for a while I have been a bit (very) annoying. Sorry everyone. Ill stop. I didn't really know because I have never used a forum. After thinking about it, I will be more respectful and less argumentive, but I'm not promising on taking every bit of advice I have been given, I just won't reply to anything I don't like. Thank you everyone for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back