How The Heck?!?!

Mystil

Fishaholic
Joined
Feb 20, 2008
Messages
557
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Somerset (UK)
Hello Guys
Was cleaning out the tank and when I put the light back on and did abit of rearranging. Guess what I found??
A baby fish!
Problem is that I dont have any pairs of anything other than tetras and cories.

I have 1 Blue ram
5 Neon tetra (Just bought 5 more to make 10)
5 Cories
1 guppy
loads of shrimp
Loads of snails.

The baby looked like a guppy (only a smaller see through version)..

But how did it happen? I did have a few guppies that all pegged it months ago with this female left and I have noticed no signs of pregnancy at all.

Im puzzeled!

Anyone else had this happen to them?
 
Would think that it's the guppy. They are able to store sperm from something like 6 (?) previous partners for a crazy amount of time within their bodies until they deem it the 'right' conditions to put it to good use - lol
 
Same thing happened to me. Had a bunch of guppies in my tank, something (I think parasite) wiped out all but 1 female and a young fry. Once all the other guppies were gone she decided to get pregnant and I now have 7 guppy fry in my floating breeding trap - lol
 
Same sorta thing happened to me.. i had a guppy female for about 9 months without males and she was pregnant with 8 or so fry...and i didnt have to restock my tank because of this :rolleyes:
 
hmmmm Guppy heaven! I may have to rethink the guppy idea as i will be over run with them at some point!
 
if your really interested in finding out what bread it is...
buy a isolation chamber at your local pet store or fish shop if you don't have one already...
and place the fish into the chamber... and just wait for it to grow up...




=] =]
 
aww bless, i was sitting next to my tank a few months ago, and could have sworn i saw something tiny move out of the corner of my eye, when i looked properly i found about 6 platy fry,i hadnt noticed any were pregnant either, i saved them tho and put them in a breeding net to raise,i suspect it will be a guppy, females can store sperm for a number of months so this maynot be the last you see :)
hope all goes well for you
shelagh xxx
 
Well I had alook at the top of my tank water level (as the top level of the tank is above the wood finish) and what do I see?

7 baby fish. I have scooped them into a breeding trap to stop my shrimp or My blue ram from doing them harm.

I am afraid to say that my female guppy has never been right since I bought her (inbreeding would be my guess) and I found her dead this afternoon. :sad:
 
aww bless, giving irth takes a heck of a lot out of them and if they wernt that strong to start with this is what happens, ive had 2 platys die on me soon after giving birth, i was soo sad as i so proud of them :(
congrats on the fry :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top