How Old Are Your Fish?

Tetraking

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jul 4, 2008
Messages
154
Reaction score
1
Points
16
Location
Plymouth, England
I recently read in a book i borrowed that a neon tetra can last anything up to 10 years. I have never had one last quite that long before, but i did once own a silver shark for about 4/5 years before giving it away to change the stocking in my tank.

just wondering if anyone has ever had any fish for a long time? would be very impressed with a ten year old neon :good:
 
I recently read in a book i borrowed that a neon tetra can last anything up to 10 years. I have never had one last quite that long before, but i did once own a silver shark for about 4/5 years before giving it away to change the stocking in my tank.

just wondering if anyone has ever had any fish for a long time? would be very impressed with a ten year old neon :good:
My brother-in-law has a Parachanna Obscura (Snakehead) that is nearly 15 years old, and he still has plenty of life left in him :)
 
i grew up with goldfish. one lasted 12 yrs the other around 16.

havent a clue how old any of my 'now' fish are, apart from the fry!
 
Ive still got a guppy which I used to cycle the tank last september, my tanks not really old enough yet though to class it as an old fish :P Doing well though, unfortunatly ;)
 
The longest fish I've owned was a Three-Spot Gourami, for twelve years +he was quite big when bought.

>I currently have a rummy-nose Tetra which is about 7 years old and 4 Angels which are about 5 yrs.
 
The longest fish I've owned was a Three-Spot Gourami, for twelve years +he was quite big when bought.

>I currently have a rummy-nose Tetra which is about 7 years old and 4 Angels which are about 5 yrs.


12 years, thats a long time and the tetra at 7 is very good, just shows you can keep fish well, just wonder if by keeping tetra's that they actually live longer in a well run tank than in the wild allthough i have no idea how long they live in the wild i assume alot would get eaten by bigger fish way before they are 7 years old.
 
well my JD was roughly 2 yrs old prob about april... oldest fish I have. But he should live for another 6 to 10 yrs so lots more time ahead of him

Ox :good:
 
My cousin had an OSCAR which was about 15 yrs. old when it passed on....It was the biggest Oscar I've seen (other than at Foreign SeaLife Centres.)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top