How Often Do You Do It?

pixiesandfairies

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
How often do you do water changes and wash out filters?
I do mine every weekend, am i ott? :unsure:

I would not have thought so. I thought i would give mine a 20min clean everyweek and maybe every month give it a big clean and change alot of the water

once every 2 weeks. Never really wash the filters out. Done them for the first time in 8 months last month and there was no real need tbh

I am having really problems with my 4ft tank.
I have 4 panda cories, 2 synodontis shoutendeni, 1 amano shrimp. 1 bgkf. All are small atm. But the tank has beard algae and i have to clean the glass and filter every week. The other tanks i think would be fine if left longer. What am i doing wrong?

I change water once a week, and clean the filter once a month (swish round in a bucket of tank water) I also take off and clean the intake and outtake nozzles from time to time aswell

water changes every week and clean the filters when the flow drops-infact i have had my tetratec 5 months now and never cleaned it-dosent need it yet :)

i rinse my filter pad in a bucket of old tank water weekly and also do a 25% water change once or twice per week.

Hi Pixies, how often are you feeding your fish? Google search results suggests stocking your tank with Siamese Algae Eater (Crossocheilus siamensis) , may be worth some research to see if one of these might be suitable and assist the algae issue.

I only clean the filter once a month, sometimes every 6 weeks. And only do % water change weekly or fortnightly depending on what's going on.

Water changes 2 x a week, 30-40% a time in main 55g tank due to the rams who dont like their nitrates rising too high. Filter - havent touched in months LOL.

The other tanks, once a week 30%. Rinse out the media once a month or so depending on the flow.

water changes every day....well tbh it's automatic LOL

filters about 12-18months for sumps, 3-6months for canisters & sponges.

I do 30% wc every two weeks filter maybe once a month if the flow rate drops then it needs a clean.

'bout a 30-40% water change every week I have the 3 stage filters with carbon the little white rock things and the sponge so I rotate on chngeing them each one gos about 3 monthes

Help - my manual says "filter maintenance" - WEEKLY - rinse filter sponges in bucket (water taken from tank) - and rinse the carbon cartridges under tap water - having read replies - I'm confused ................ is weekly too often? :sad: :look: :/

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back