How Much Longer!?!?!?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

sunpirate2u

Fishaholic
Reaction score
This week she had made some progress and she's showing the signs too. How much longer??? She is lightning fast and my dumb old camera is retarded :grr: . The camera doesn't really catch the gravid spot very well.

DSCN2822.jpg

Birds - eye veiw
DSCN2844.jpg

Hanging by the filters a lot
DSCN2843.jpg

DSCN2840.jpg

gravid spot
DSCN2842.jpg

The danio got in the way :blink:
DSCN2845.jpg

So how close do u think? Is she close enough to put her in the birth/fry tank? I really hope so.

This is how I knew if my platy was about to give birth is, is where her gravid spot is there is a black line that is connected to the gravid spot that outlines the top of the stomach, Well when she is VERY close to giving birth the gravid spot wont be connected to the black line, and the gravid spot will be down very low the where the babies come out.

weeee yay!!! this is great!

update: i haven't put her in yet ( i really should) but the gravid spot has became much darker than yesterday, now it's a really dark brown but not solid black. Her tummy seemed to have changed shape too (only from the side). She still continues to eat though and she's still hiding by the filters and plants. I just did a 20% water change yesterday and I gave her some better hiding places.

New update: I finally moved her over to the 5 gallon birthing/fry tank. I AM SOOOO worried that she's stressed and might abord WAAAAA! I hope she's ok. I turned of the filter and the light. I also covered the tank with a few cloths, well im just waiting and hoping for the best :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back