How Many/what Types In 10 Gals?

Hi ghent_3rd :)

Yes, if it's a single species tank. I wouldn't add any other fish with them though.

For a larger Cory like C. aeneus, I'd stick to 5 or so. There are some lovely 2" corys that you might find if you look around and 7 of them would do fine.

Among the smaller ones are C. pandas, C. metae (bandits), C. similis and others. Then too, there are some very cute dwarf species if you are lucky enough to find them.

Here's a picture of a school of pandas with a few of the little C. pygmaeus:

pandaspygmaeus.jpg


Pandas seem to thrive when they are in a species only tank. I find that they are much more outgoing than when they are kept in a community tank or one with larger corys.
 
Pandas are ace but I have stuggled with them in the past, possibly down to the fact that they have been in with plecs and sme other more aggressive fish. Guessing I would have much more joy with them in a species tank. Gives me yet another option for one of my little tanks!!

Going to be so hard to narrow it down to just 6 tank set-ups when there really are so many choices out there. Already decided on a Dwarf Puffer set-up and a Betta so that leaves me 4 tanks, oh the options are endless!!! :blink: :crazy:
 
:clap: Lovely fish, bit far for me though, I'm in Leicester and my tank set-up is not going to be ready for at least another 4 weeks yet so I'll have to hold fire.

Going to the fishy grotto that is Wharf Aquatics tomorrow so will no doubt end up with loads of other ideas also!! Think I am going to write a list of my 6 expected tank set-ups once I have been there tomorrow because if I do tonight I will only end up changing my mind after I have been to Wharf!! :lol:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top