How Many Tanks Have You Had/got?

Wow, its seems some of you are into fish big time !!!
No?!
On a fish forum?! How odd :p

:lol:

I've got 6 running atm; 4 four foots, 1 three foot and an Edge.

6 tanks, 5 of which are running atm... although i am considering getting the 6th back up and running... :lol:

i have 8 currently running, no idea how many i have had!

3 x 15l with Male Bettas (1 with Cherry Shrimp)
2 x 60l divided up holding 10 male Bettas
1 x 120l with Female Bettas, Apple Snails & a few odds
1 x 125l Community

& 3 15ls sat empty :look:

Currently have 4 tanks running

55 gallon live bearer community tank
55 gallon cichlid tank
75 gallon (bicir, parrot, dempsy tank)
29 gallon Electric blue lobster tank

Will soon be adding a 10 gallon tank to seperate my male and female lobster. The wife has also given me permission to upgrade my 75 gallon too a 150 gallon or so come tax return time next year. So I will be at 6 or so before the spring. Think that will be my cap.

I only have one 10gal with a filter, 3-4gal fishbowl without filter, 1-2gal tank without a filter, and another 1-2gal tank without a filter. My 10gal is a tropical community tank with the main fish being fancy guppies, and one of the 1-2gal has a aquatic frog in it.

I envy the people with more then 1 running tank with a filter. :sad:

I only have one 10gal with a filter, 3-4gal fishbowl without filter, 1-2gal tank without a filter, and another 1-2gal tank without a filter. My 10gal is a tropical community tank with the main fish being fancy guppies, and one of the 1-2gal has a aquatic frog in it.

I envy the people with more then 1 running tank with a filter. :sad:
maybe when you upgrade...you will get one with a filter..all mine are second hand tanks and they came with one (tank 1's was knackered though so had to replace)

In the past 7 years i've had 6.

1st tank - 30 litre (destroyed)

Type: cold water
Date of use: 2004
Fish: no fish
Description: This tank was given to me by my girlfriend.It belonged to her mother and was abandoned.It never got any fish on it because the base of the tank cracked a few weeks after assembly. But it was enough to make want more and a replacement came after it.

2nd tank - 60 litre

Type : tropical
date of use : 2004-2008 (Gave as present to my dad)
Fish: comunity fish
Description: This tank was really my test tube. My beginner tank. I made so many mistakes with him due to lack of knowledge and impatience that i feel sad to say that for a fish to come and live in this tank was a death sentence. But it got me started and eventually things started to get better and with better knowledge i started looking for something better.
I deactivated it in 2008 before coming to england. I reactivated it in 2009 in one of my holidays as present to my dad and its currently working as a livebearer tank in my parents house in portugal.

3rd Tank - 120 litre

Type:planted tank
Date of use: 2006-2008 (sold)
Fish: Angelfish,neon tetras,tetra glow light,corydioras albino
description: I was getting more experience so i wanted to go for the planted tanks. It was the tank were i was finally able to realise my dream off having a planted tank. All my tests with plants on the 60 litres were a miserable failure.
dscn0197tz8.jpg

4th tank - 90 litre (sold)
Type: no type
Date of use: 2006
Fish: whatever i needed to keep there
description: I got this tank from my neighbour. I was focused on the planted so i never got into to realising any ideas in this one. To be honest money was an issue at the time.
I used it to put any fish i needed to remove from my other 2 tanks at any time. And for some weeks two young oscars lived in there as a favor to a friend.
Ended up selling this one to my mother in law and as far as i know its still working.

2008 - retired from fishkeeping

Which brings us to now.

5th tank - 240 litre
Date of use august 2011- present
type: High tech planted tank
Fish : so far angelfish,rummy nose,neon tetras and ottocinclus affinis.
Description : Chek here
My return to the hobby after years. Its been an adventure will keep updating on this one.
0728082011today.jpg

6th tank - 75 litre cube
Date of use: september 2011-present
Type: Low tech planted
Fish: currently cycling but it will be guppys,its my wifes tank (same girlfriend that got me started on the hobby in the first place) and she loves guppys.
Description: Bought for my wife on one of my trips to the LFS. I have my hands full with the 240 lts so she's been taking care of this one and so far i can say her start its looking much better than mine all those years ago.

And these were my tanks over the years. Currently running the last two. No plans for the future for more but i will definitely get more in times to come.

One. One roomful. A couple outside the room, some spares in a closet. A few more spares in the basement. A few bigger ones outside in the garage, forget how many, buried behind my son's weigh equipment.

past 7 months 3 tanks

16l cold water goldfish tank -now closed down and fish are in a pond (there fair fish and are happy with 7 other gold fish in our pond)

116l tropical planted - my pride and joy at the moment

20l tropical planted - a small tank in my room

Only 3!

1 x 100L community (rainbows, cories, clown plec, bamboo shrimp)

1 x 50L - betta, endlers and cherry shrimp

1 x 60L -juvenile blue lobster

I have a 350l, 130l which I'm not using at the minute, 40l breeding tank and a 30 litre that i was hoping the misses would take interest in but that's been a failure so far.

I have 5 tanks running at the minute cant ghet enough fish ha ha

Most reactions

Back